Chapter 18

Hello loves I’m back  ^_^

First and foremost, I’d like to apologize for the delay on my uploads. I know it's been a long time coming lol.  Now I can continue the story so that some of you guys don’t kill me for not uploading the next chapter lol I hope you’ve enjoyed your vacations, breaks and holidays and received lots of goodies. I’m going to upload the chapters as they come, they may be a bit long  and spaced out,so bear with me lol 

               <Azura’s POV>

                As we all went to gather our clothes and shift back, there was nothing but silence as everyone got dressed. I was worried about Cameron as well as Demarcus. What Cameron did was uncalled for.

‘He thought we were being chased by them’ Lani whined not liking that I was mad at Cameron.

‘He shouldn’t have jumped to conclusions like that. I can’t have him going around attacking my pack mates like that, especially unprovoked.’ I snapped. I guess I was still a bit peeved at the confrontation that happened.

                As I walked to check on my friends and realized that Lani was quiet. I wondered why but didn’t dwell on it too much. I went over to Demarcus to check on him.

“How are you felling?” I asked. I could feel the anger coming off of him. I felt a strong need to calm him and make him feel better. So I gave in to it and placed my hand on his shoulder. I could feel his anger slowly melt away; he began to relax under my touch.

 “Thank you Alph…” He began but when I gave him a look he chuckled. “Thank you Azura. I really appreciate that.”

I smiled at him. “You’re welcome.” My smile slipped a little as I thought about Cameron. I opened my mouth to speak, but Demarcus began to speak.

“So he’s your mate huh?” He asked. He sounded as if he was in thought.

“Yes and he’s going to be your new Alpha. What happened today was a complete misunderstanding and won’t happen again.” I said with conviction.

                Demarcus turned to look at me and gave a small smile. “No worries, Azura. I’m not saying its ok for him to do that but, I understand why he did it. When I caught the scent of my mate all I could think about was going to her. If I were in his shoes, I probably would have done the same thing.”  He said softly.

“I… thank you.” I stammered. I appreciated what he was doing. It helped to ease the upset I felt.

                I opened the link between Cameron and I and was bombarded by emotions; the main one being guilt for attacking his sister’s mate. I sent comforting thoughts to him and told him that we would be out momentarily. I felt him relaxed and so with a smile on my face I checked on the others.

                After checking on everyone, I told them to come on so that we can go outside. There was tension between the two groups when we made our way back over to Cameron and his crew. I watched as Demarcus walked over to Molly. I sighed and closed the distance. I gave Cameron a hug and kissed him on the cheek.  Stepping away from him, I addressed the two groups.

“Ok look, these are my guards, pack mates and friends. They will be shown the same respect as anyone else.” I said getting straight to business. I didn’t want there to be anymore misunderstandings or confrontations between any of us.