3: Year before

Y/n's POV
"Oh, Alexander Hamilton, Alexander Hamilton." I hummed to myself as I walked off of the stage, still looking down at the packet of paper. We hadn't sung anything today, just read over some lines and talked about notes.

"When America sings for you." I continued as Alex  and Laf walked by me and looked over either side of my shoulder at the words of the song.

"Will they know what you overcame? Will they know you rewrote the game? The world.. will never be the same, oh." I sang slightly louder as I continued down the hallways, thinking I was by myself.

"The ship is in the harbor now, see if you can spot him. Another immigrant comin' up from the bottom! His enemies destroyed his rep, America forgot him." I sang, still walking through the hallways, not looking up or behind me.

"We, fought with him." Three voices came from behind me. I yelped, dropping my packet of papers, and turned around to see Anthony, Daveed and Oak. "Jesus, you scared me!" I whined.

Daveed's POV
I was talking with Anthony and Oak when I heard someone singing walk by. They had one hell of a voice as well.

Interested, I walked away from my friends and followed the voice of whoever was singing. Anthony and Oak followed me, confused as to what I was doing.

"Will they know what you overcame? Will they know you rewrote the game. The world.. will never be the same, oh." I heard as I walked up behind Y/n, figuring out it was her singing.

"The ship is in the harbor now, see if you can spot him. Another immigrant comin' up from the bottom." She sang. I quickly flipped through my packet to see what was after.

"His enemies destroyed his rep, America forgot him." Y/n sang. "We, fought with him." Anthony, Oak and I said from behind her.

Y/n yelped and turned around, dropping her packet of paper. "Jesus, you scared me!" Y/n whined a bit. I laughed and picked up her papers handing them to her. "You have a good voice." I complemented. "Thanks." She blushed a bit.

We all had about a 5 minute conversation before she said she had to go back home. Anthony, Oak and I walked back to the room we were originally in and sat back down. "You like her." Oak said immediately. I choked on air and coughed a bit. "What?" I asked after I was breathing normally again. "You like Y/n." He smirked at me. I groaned and put my head in my hands.

"Who likes Y/n?" Lin asked as he walked in the room. "Diggs!" Rafa exclaimed, walking in behind him. "When the hell did you get here?!" I groaned again.

And word spread like wild fire, so now everyone (except Y/n) knows about my feelings towards her.

Y/n's POV
"I'm really sorry guys," I started as I talked with Daveed, Anthony, and Oak, realizing that Alexander and Lafayette's figured were dying down from not getting enough energy from anyone. "I really got to go." I smiled. "Oh yeah, it's ok." Anthony shrugged, giving me a small hug. I hugged back and then hugged Oak. "Yeah we'll see you tomorrow anyways." Daveed smiled as I pulled away from Oak and looked at him. "It's not like we're gonna die." Daveed chuckled, pulled me into a hug. I laughed a bit as well and hugged back.

I pulled away from the hug and walked away, waving at them as Alexander and Laf followed me. "I'm sorry for keeping you guys here so long." I apologized the them as I grabbed my jacket and my helmet. "Non it's ok. We may need a bit more energy than yours though." Laf chuckled tiredly. "This is New York. Find anyone. As long as they weren't someone who has been in this building." I warned as I walked back out into the rain and pulled my helmet on. I hoped on and started then drove off back to my apartment.

"I'm home!" I called. Peggy ran out to the living room but stopped dead in her tracks. "Where's Alex? Or Laf?" She asked immediately. "Out storing energy. There were a lot of people there and I didn't let them get any from me-." She cut me off. "So they're extra tired." She sighed. I nodded and set my helmet on the table next to the door. Eliza skipped out into the living room with John and Herc following her. "Where's Al-." Eliza started to panic. "Don't worry. He's out getting energy with Laf. I forgot to let them get some from me so they're really tired." I soothed her. She nodded and sat on the couch.

About 20 minutes later, Lafayette and Alexander drifted through the closed door. "Thank god you're back!" Eliza sighed, standing up immediately and running over to her husband. I smiled as I watched the ordeal then looked back down at my phone.

"Alright.. well I'm gonna head to bed. You guys can come get some energy whenever you need it." I smiled at all the ghostly figures. They all bid me Goodnight and I made my way to my room. I changed into an oversized hoodie and some sweatpants before getting into bed and falling asleep.

The next morning- 9:02 am
I sighed as I walked into the theatre two minutes late. I took off my jacket and put it on the table next to my helmet before hurrying to the stage with Peggy following me excitedly.

I walked onto stage quickly with my packet of paper. "Sorry I'm late." I sighed as I ran my fingers through my hair, shifting the middle part to an undefined right flip. (I think that's how you explain it. I have no idea-) "It's ok! We decided we'd wait 10 minutes for you anyways." Jasmine smiled at me as I sat down in a chair next to Daveed and Peggy sat on the floor next to me.

"Ok. So we're going to go through Alexander Hamilton, Aarong Burr, Sir, and hopefully My Shot." Lin told us. I hummed while nodded a bit and flipped open the packet of paper.

"There's a million things I haven't done, but just you waiiiiit!" Everyone sang. "What's your name, man?" Leslie exclaimed. "Alexander Hamilton!" Everyone finished.

"That was great!" Lin complemented. Daveed turned to me. "How do you hit the notes so perfectly? We just started actually singing today!" He yelped. "I don't know," I chuckled with a small shrug. "You did catch me singing it yesterday though." I smiled. Daveed nodded. "You're still really good at singing." He pouted, slouching into his chair and crossing his arms. I laughed and shook my head, turning the pages of my packet.

One year later
"Off Broadway.. at the public." I stressed as I paced around my house. "Y/n calm down. You'll do great!" Herc soothed me. "We know you will!" Angelica joined. "Yeah! Plus it's not like Obama is there." Phillip chuckled. I nodded and rubbed my face a bit. "Ok. I don't want to see any of you at the theatre. Got it?" I demanded. "Whyyy? We wanna see the show!" John groaned. "Because. I want to make sure we have it perfect before you do see it." I chuckled, pulling on my leather jacket and grabbing my helmet. "Fiiiine. We'll stay here." Peggy groaned jokingly. "Thank you." I smiled, opening the door. "See you in a few hours!" I called waking out.

I flipped my leg over my bike and slipped my helmet on. I turned my bike on and pulled out of the apartment driveway before making my way to the theatre.

I pulled into the driveway and saw Rafa's bike parked as well. "Great. Now Rafa can watch me fail." I sighed as I took my helmet off and let my hair down from its makeshift bun. I shook my head as to loosen the hair and got off my bike.

Daveed's POV
Y/n let her hair down from the bun and shook it out as she got off her bike. "You thought that was hot." Rafa whispered, nudging me. I groaned and pushed him away while blushing. "You're blushiiiinnnggg cuz you know I'm riiiiiiight." He laughed. "No! No you're not!" I grumbled as I dragged him away from the door so Y/n wouldn't think we were stalkers waiting for her.

"Why are we walking awaaayyy?" Rafa whined. "Well one; I don't want you embarrassing me and two; I don't want her to think we're stalkers waiting for her." I grumbled as I threw him onto my dressing room couch. Rafa laughed as he was falling and landed with a huff. "You're no fun." He chuckled. "Uh-huh." I scoffed, putting my hair up. "I'm just saying! You're hiding from your crush, you're not telling your crush you like her, and you're not letting me tell her." Rafa explained. "I know what I'm doing." I grumbled. "Now get out so I can change." I muttered. Rafa obeyed and left my dressing room. "Asshole." I chuckled to myself.

1536 words!

I really hope this is good so far-