Chapter 10

The next few days were as silent as ever. 

Not a single disturbance in the court.

Taehyung was as carefree as ever as he walked down the crowded streets, sometimes buying useless stuff from the side stalls just because he felt like it.
Taehyung hadn't met the crown prince for the last two days, the last time being the day the man took him to the training fields. Taehyung was not very pleased with this, but on the third day, he suddenly realized that the crown prince hadn't really forgotten about him but was actually following him around in silence.

He glanced through the small mirror he had just bought, there was a man dressed in plain clothing and a straw hat, following him closely behind like a shadow guard. There was no way on earth Taehyung would not be able to recognize that straw hat.

The corner of his lips turned upwards as he looked at the reflection of the man in the mirror. He didn't stop in his tracks nor did he show any signs of knowing that he was being followed. 

Suddenly he started to run.

Yoongi was stunned at this sudden action and didn't have enough time to think before his own legs started taking action and ran after the young prince.

There was a turn on the road and Yoongi increased his speed, fearing that if he was too slow, he might lose the trail left behind by the man, but to his pleasant surprise just as he turned at the corner, he knocked into a sturdy chest—slightly muscular and the owner, slightly taller than him.

Yoongi was so shocked that he almost lost his footing and was going to end up falling on his butt, however, he was suddenly saved by the man in front of him who took hold of him by the waist.

Yoongi looked up, into the eyes of the man who had obstructed his way and saved him as well. Their faces, so close that he could almost feel the warm breath entangle together. There was no way he could not recognize this face—not in a million years would he mistake it.

Taehyung had his lips curved upwards in a smirk as he looked into the eyes of the crown prince behind the veil and Yoongi stared back.

No one dared to move, it was still as if the world had stopped moving.
At this moment, not even the veil could hide the apparent blush on Yoongi's face and Taehyung was no different—enjoying the situation to the fullest as his thumb lightly stroked the man's waist.

They stayed in this awkward position for more than a solid minute and they soon realized the number of eyes they had attracted. Although Taehyung didn't seem to care about the onlookers, Yoongi was still here in a disguise and this disguise shouldn't be broken at this moment and so Taehyung soon released Yoongi from his clutches, chuckling cutely as he did.

"I told you to stay at the temple, why are you following this great me all the way to this poor street?" Taehyung questioned out loudly, acting as if he were angry and yet, his eyes were filled with love.

"H-huh?" Yoongi couldn't catch up with the sudden words, his mind wasn't fast enough to decipher the situation—still in a daze with how beautiful Taehyung's eyes looked.

Taehyung continued his small act made to trick the onlookers, "The temple is pure, deserving of your presence, why leave it and come here in the dirty mortal world?"

The onlookers stared at the young man dressed in plain clothes with a straw hat on top, no matter how simply he was dressed, his aura could not be hidden. Everyone came to the same conclusion, that this was a monk from the temple who had lost his way and wandered over here. But even if that was true, the main question remained, Who was the man scolding him??