Chapter 8

The next day, Jimin still decided to go against the crown prince's wish.

He woke up early and wandered around in search of some delicious gossip but somehow his feet had taken him to the doorsteps of the peach blossom manor.

The mischivious smile on his face was hard not to notice as it grew bigger and bigger.

The wind blew on his light coloured robes and with a fan in hand, he entered the manor in a dignified scholarly manner.
This was a habit of his, never knocking on doors; a bad habit that he was not looking forward to getting rid off cause if he did, how would it be any fun?

Jimin was much alike Taehyung in those matters, in fact, before Taehyung had come here, Jimin was considered the most shameless General in the country but even now, that had not changed, at least not until the two compete in shamelessness.

When he stepped inside the manor, the guards had originally wanted to stop him but when they saw his identity, they dare not.

Jimin walked around the manor like he owned the place, the sight truly would fool one's eyes into thinking that he was just looking around his own backyard.

However, the smile on his face disappeared when he got to intake a sight of Jungkook sitting down with the rumoured hostage, laughing and having a pleasant time together, enjoying the tea which was being served.

This was something truly unbelievable; anyone who saw it would say the same.

One had to know that the ice cold General Jeon would hardly laugh in front of anyone or anything unless it was his childhood best friend, Jimin. This was a special privilege only Jimin got and only he could be proud of it but to think that this new man had managed to break Jungkook's defenses and make him laugh? Just what kind of sorcery was this? Was it the same kind that had been cast on the crown prince?

This was dangerous.

Jimin stomped on the ground on purpose, letting the two men know that somebody was approaching them.

When Jungkook heard the sudden intrution, he looked over coldly but when he saw the face of the man who had come, the coldness instantly vanished and in its place came a warm smile so sweet and innocent; this was the smile of a person who was truly devoid of the world and was not worried about things he did not know about.

When Jimin saw that smile, his heart melted a bit and as if on instinct a lovestruck expression was once again painted across his face.

Taehyung also looked over at the newcomer calmly, it seems that he didn't care about the manor being trespassed like this and he wasn't shocked to see this. It wasn't like Jungkook announced his entry, hadn't he also barged in here like this young man?

Taehyung smiled warmly at the stranger, this smile made him look innocent and appeasing but Jimin was not flattered at all.

Jimin folded the fan in his hand and bowed to greet the man, "I'm just a General here to greet you, young prince. My name is Park Jimin. Nice to meet you."

Taehyung also returned the courteousy and stood up, bowing as he greeted, "Pleasure meeting you, General Park. I'm just a foolish prince here to pass some time."

When Jungkook heard this awkward greeting, he broke out laughing.

His laughter was certainly contagious and soon Taehyung couldn't help but titter.

Jimin glared at the laughing Jungkook, not understanding what was going on.

Taehyung smiled gently as he spoke to Jungkook, "Your friend seems to be a lot more respectful than you."