Chapter 37

Taehyung felt someone pulling him by the collar and he was forced to let go of Yoongi who was clearly shocked and flustered. 

From behind, he heard the familiar voice of a cold-hearted mischievous general. 

Jungkook smirked in amusement, "Now now, let's leave some face for him. He's still the crown prince of this country."

Yoongi choked on empty air and coughed twice as he heard this, his ears feeling a bit hot and looking a bit red. This was a rather rare sight for Taehyung who had definitely seen such a flustered sight before, but it still affected him as if he had seen it for the first time. 

Out of them both, it was always Yoongi who was more forward with his feelings and approach. He was certainly the first one who started flirting with Taehyung while Taehyung was like an innocent fruit that was simply waiting on the tree and had been plucked by this lustful crown prince, or at least, this was what Taehyung would think and say. 

If Yoongi were to hear Taehyung's inner monologue, he would certainly die laughing at how ridiculous it was. 

Since when was this man considered to be innocent?! A fruit that was plucked by the lustful crown prince? He hadn't plucked anything yet!!! 

Taehyung grinned cheekily as he side-glanced at Jungkook. 

At this exact moment, Yoongi looked at Taehyung and noticed the white bandage wrapped around his neck, "That...!" Yoongi's eyes went wide as he threw his usual calm demeanor away and hurriedly stepped up to the man and grabbed him. Yoongi's both hands grabbing Taehyung's face as he looked closer at the bandage. 

Taehyung gulped as he looked at Yoongi's face that was just a few inches away from his. This was exactly what he was talking about! It was always Yoongi who was more open with his approach! Taehyung had to try his best to gulp down the urge to remove the man's veil and peck his lips. 

Jimin also stood up and walked towards Jungkook as he whispered, "It seems that the crown prince doesn't want face. His beloved is more important." Jimin pursed his lips as he remembered the original cause of that wound. He circled his arm around Jungkook's neck and suggested, "Let's run away before the truth is revealed. We can keep your head intact and live on a mountain as a happily married couple, we can farm and hunt for food." 

Jungkook, "..." 

"Who the hell did this?!" The crown prince sounded enraged. He roared as if he were a bear that was looking for revenge against his young one or maybe a cat that was ready to scratch and bite his opponent to death. 

Taehyung shook his head and was about to deny it and take the blame for himself, but before he could open his mouth, Jungkook stepped up and exclaimed, "My blade was the cause of Hyung's injury." 

Yoongi snapped his head and although his face couldn't be seen, Jungkook could still feel the menacing glare he received. 

"You...?!" It sounded as if Yoongi was a bit reluctant to believe it. 

Jungkook looked calm as he nodded his head and confirmed, "It was me." 

Yoongi was silent for a while and just when Taehyung thought that the crown prince would let it go because of his friendly relationships with this general, from the corner of his eye, he saw Yoongi unsheathing his sword and raising it up to Jungkook's neck. 

Jimin reacted immediately as he pulled Jungkook back and guarded him against the crown prince by standing in between him and the blade, "Your highness, calm down!"

Taehyung also reacted, but instead of stepping in front of the blade, he decided to put his hand on the sword and push it down, "Your highness, it wasn't him."