Chapter 36

Taehyung didn't just say that he fell in love with Yoongi, he said that he had finally found a place where he belonged... 

He found a home... 

*A/n: I almost misspelled 'home' as 'hoe'' and now I'm laughing so much >v<

Hanyu wondered what this bittersweet feeling was. His heart that was determined to take Taehyung back had started to melt. He was happy for his little brother. 

Hanyu had always known all the insecurities that Taehyung hid deep within his heart and never dared to show anyone. He was his brother who had watched over him and protected him for so long so of course, he knew what his brother was really like. 

Taehyung was never able to feel comfortable in the royal palace and Hanyu had always noticed the way Taehyung's muscles would tense up in front of their mother as if he were on guard in front of an enemy. Compared to how Taehyung had lived his life in their own country, this place suited him a lot more. He had learned how to open up about his feelings and he was no longer on guard every single time. He no longer cared to display a fake smile on his face and he was no longer acting recklessly... Well... At least his recklessness had decreased a bit after stepping foot here. 

Hanyu raised his hand and Taehyung immediately closed his eyes, thinking that he was going to get hit, but the slap he had expected never came, and instead, he felt Hanyu's hand land on top of his head softly as Hanyu patted him. 

Taehyung opened his eyes to look at his brother's expressions. Hanyu had a straight face that didn't give out any type of emotions but since Taehyung knew his brother so well, he could sense that Hanyu was glad. 

 "I see..." This was the only word Hanyu was able to utter as he patted Taehyung's head. 

The two brothers didn't say much but with a single glance, one would be able to tell that there was a lot of non-verbal communication going on. 

"This is my home now and to answer your question..." Taehyung suddenly chuckled and this time, there was a hint of happiness in his deep voice, "I fell for him a long time ago." 

"!!!" Hanyu's eyes widened slightly but he was able to keep his calm. 

"Hyung, do you remember that stupid discussion we had as children? About soulmates? You told me that if I were to meet such a person, I should never let them go, didn't you?" Taehyung took a deep breath in as he added, "I've found him... And I'm never gonna let him go." 

"..." Hanyu simply looked at his brother with an indecipherable expression. 

Taehyung was shocked to see a tear trail down his brother's face. His brother who had always remained calm and composed was suddenly crying...?! This was probably the first time he had seen such a sight! No! This was definitely the first time he had seen his brother cry! 

Taehyung tried to wipe the tears away but Hanyu pushed his hands away as he wiped it for himself. 

"Hyung, why are you-"

"Forget it!" Hanyu sniffled as he glared at Taehyung, "He's your soulmate... Then you can just stay and die with that monster." 

Taehyung looked down at the ground but said nothing. 

Hanyu bumped against his shoulder on purpose as he decided to leave first but after taking  few steps, he stopped in his tracks and said one last thing before leaving, "Take care of that wound."