Chapter 40

Official Yul seemed to have quieted down as he heard that. His face turned white as he looked up at the crown prince in disbelief but dare not say anything further. 

Yoongi smirked in satisfaction as he saw this reaction and in the next second, he stood up from his seat and went behind the throne to pull Taehyung towards him. In front of the whole audience, he pushed Taehyung down and made him sit on the throne. 

The word 'shock' was an understatement of the emotion evident on the faces of the onlookers. 

Even Taehyung could not believe or understand what was happening. He simply looked at Yoongi and blinked in confusion with his big dark eyes. 

Yoongi smiled at Taehyung as he gestured for him to keep sitting while the crown prince turned around to face the court officials with Taehyung seeming to be hidden behind his back. 

"Since you all went out of your way to gather here over nothing, I wouldn't wish to waste your precious time." Yoongi's voice sounded calm yet conniving as if whatever he was going to say next would make everyone regret coming here so early in the morning. 

"It's good that you're all here! I was just planning on deciding when to gather everyone over." Yoongi continued as he let his eyes trail around the hall, landing on different officials who were all present, "Since you're already here I guess we can just move on to discuss something more important?" 

Nobody dared say anything to that and it wasn't like Yoongi was hoping to get a response. 

Official Yul huffed as he bowed in a manner that seemed to show respect and at the same time, it didn't look like he was showing respect, it looked as if he was 'huffing' out his frustration and dissatisfaction with the crown prince who indirectly called Daesung's death as something not important. He stepped back and went to his usual seat, alongside the other officials. 

Yoongi saw him walking back in a defeated manner and he was satisfied with it, however, he didn't let it show in his actions. 

Taehyung had no idea what was about to happen next, but since it wasn't going to be anything bad for him, he was calm as he picked up his right foot and comfortably tucked it under his left leg, sitting on the throne as if it were his own comfortable chair. 

Yoongi suddenly looked at Hyun and didn't even need to say anything as Hyun bowed and walked away to bring something or rather someone in this case. 

"For the good of the country and its people, I had sent my most trusted guards and soldiers to dig up the corruption that had deeply rooted itself in the heart of Mingyu," Yoongi chuckled as he walked down the few steps of stairs that raised the platform on which the throne was located, "I prayed that none of you would come out to have your hands dirty, however, I was disappointed to see the results." 

All the officials had their heads down as they heard Yoongi speaking and walking in front of them, looking at each and every one of them as if they were all guilty of the said crime. 

"I really trusted you all. I hoped that nobody here would have to be punished for a crime such as corruption. It's an evil that directly affects the royal reputation and the people of this country," Yoongi sighed, looking as if he was saying the truth when in reality he didn't trust even one of them completely. 

"A crime is a crime and I cannot be biased in the punishment. The one who chooses to go against me should have already accepted the backlash that his actions would lead to." Yoongi stroke the hilt of his sword that was tied to his waist as he walked, "It is only fair that I reveal the face of the traitors and the punishment shall also be unbiased and given in front of you all to remind you that whoever goes against me would surely have the same fate or maybe even a worse ending."