Chapter 23

A promise is a promise and if it is made with a person you value, you'll never want to break that promise. 

Yoongi looked at Taehyung who seemed to be a bit too excited to go out with the crown prince. It wasn't every day that he got to hang out with the crown prince. The crown prince wasn't a man with a lot of leisure time. He was mostly busy and Taehyung would never want to disturb him when he was doing something productive. 

Taehyung may have been a troublemaker, but he would never want to disturb someone who was working and doing something productive. Unlike him, they were doing something useful with their lives. However, this was something that was only applied to the people he liked. If he didn't like someone, he would disturb them even when they were working. Somehow, it seemed that this rule wasn't really widely applied because there weren't a lot of people he liked. The crown prince was one of the only people who was eligible for this rule, he was the only one whom Taehyung was not going to disturb when he was working. 

Taehyung couldn't stand still for a minute, his feet would seem to be itching if he stood still so he grabbed onto Yoongi's hand and pulled him along the street. 

Yoongi chuckled lightly as he saw this, "Why are you dragging me? I was supposed to take you, wasn't I?" 

Taehyung looked back and flashed him a smile as he spoke, "You can follow me too, once in a while."

Yoongi saw Taheyung's honest expressions and couldn't help, but feel as if his heart was somehow melting. It suddenly felt soft and sensitive as if it had suddenly turned into jelly and was ready to jump out from his chest. 

"I can follow you?" 

Taehyung nodded his head lightly and beamed, "I'll always be here for you."

Yoongi didn't know why and it wasn't something much, yet he still felt like the man had said something so touching that the moment he heard it, he instantly felt his heart open up even more to the man. At this moment, Yoongi felt like even if Taehyung were to see his face clearly without the veil, he would still smile at him just as brightly. 

Yoongi smiled back, but like always, it wasn't visible due to his veil covering up all of the beauty that was laced along with his honest smile.

However, Taehyung didn't need to remove the veil to know that the crown prince was smiling at him. He could feel it, the happiness Yoongi eluded was faint, but it was still sensed by Taehyung who felt like, now that he had got a hold of his hand, he would never want to let go. 

Yoongi matched up with Taehyung's pace as he asked, "So, where are we going?"  

Taehyung's eyes scrunched up into two little crescents as he answered, "It's..." He suddenly stopped walking and leaned in closer to Yoongi as he whispered in the crown prince's ears, "A secret."

Was this what it was like to have a taste of your own medicine? 

Hadn't it been Yoongi who started using this trick of never telling the man where they were going? Was Taehyung learning from him or was he plagiarising him? 

Yoongi shook his head and sighed which eventually turned into a small chuckle, "You don't have a plan, do you?" 

Taehyung glanced at the man with big bright eyes as he nodded enthusiastically and responded, "How'd you know?" 

Yoongi had just guessed it, but somehow, his guess had come true. It wasn't too shocking considering the fact that it was in Taehyung's nature not to plan anything ahead of time so of course, this man hadn't planned any secret date. He was simply dragging Yoongi to wherever he felt like.