Chapter 45

"For who?" Taehyung immediately questioned. 

Hyun took a sharp breath in as he answered, "For both of you." 

Yoongi and Taehyung looked at each other before glancing back at the letter clutched in Yoongi's hand. 

Yoongi gulped as he wasted no further time and unhesitantly opened it. He didn't read it out loud but he didn't need to.

The more he read, the grimmer his face became, and with just a single glance, it was clear that the crown prince didn't enjoy the contents inside this letter. 

Taehyung bit his lower lip in worry when he saw Yoongi crunching the letter up. 

"Let me," Taehyung took the letter from Yoongi and read it out loud. 

"Your highness, 
As I'm writing this letter, I hope you are doing fine and I hope my son is doing fine as well.
I remember sending my son to your country as a peace offering. For the future of both our countries and to make sure that the inevitable never comes into action. 

My second son lacks manners and skills so I thought it would be best for him to learn all these things under your care, however, this didn't mean I had sent my son over to be betrothed to you. 

You must still remember that he's my son. He carries the name and reputation of our royal family. No matter how useless he is, ever since he has been born, this has always been a part of his responsibility that he cannot wash his hands from. 
I'm sure, you, of all people, know this better than anyone else. 

The weight of carrying the royal blood is not a light one, but since he has been born with it, he would never be able to put it down. 

For my son to marry a man... It's embarrassing and humiliating. If such a thing ever happens, I'm afraid the peace our countries are currently trying to maintain would be disturbed. 
I, not only as a mother but also as his Queen, cannot sit and watch my family name be dragged through the mud like that-" 

"Don't read it anymore!" Yoongi snatched the letter back and tore it before throwing it over to Hyun. 

"She knew..." Taehyung mumbled in shock. 

"What do you mean?" Yoongi asked with a bit of confusion. 

Taehyung didn't know if he was supposed to laugh or cry as he realized something very important. 

"It was all her plan..." 

Yoongi's eyebrows creased together as he heard this, "What plan? That old hag is just senile!" 

"No!" Taehyung immediately responded, "She knew everything since the beginning itself!" 

Yoongi closed his mouth and didn't dare say anything as he waited for Taehyung to explain himself. 

"When she sent me here, she already knew something like this was going to happen. She knew it and that was why she sent me," Taehyung mumbled in disbelief. 

"You're overthinking it," Yoongi sighed. 

"He's right, your highness," It was Hyun who spoke up. 

Yoongi snapped his head towards the man as he asked, "What do you mean he's right?" 

"Please do not be offended with what I say, your highness." Hyun bowed his head as he apologized before even starting to explain, "She planned everything from the start to the end. It's the way the letter is written. Could it be that your highness hasn't noticed?" 

Yoongi frowned but said nothing to that. 

"That's right," Taehyung confirmed, "She used the word 'betrothed. How does she know that when even I didn't know this a few hours ago?"