Chapter 16

"My heart." 

Yoongi looked at the man for a second and didn't say anything. 

Taehyung stared back and pouted, "See, you can't deny it."

Yoongi was unable to stop his heart from racing. He looked at the drunk man in front of him and suddenly broke out laughing, "You're really unpredictable."

Taehyung held onto Yoongi's sleeve and started swinging it from left to right, "Give it back!"

"What?"

"Give me back my heart... Fufufu~" Taehyung suddenly started crying and Yoongi went still, not knowing what he was supposed to do at moments like this. 

"Wait, w-why are you crying?" Worry and helplessness caused the crown prince to stutter. 

"You! You! You stole my heart!" Taehyung looked at Yoongi with red eyes, brimming with tears that traced down his face. 

Yoongi didn't know if he should laugh or cry. 

"Should I be taking you seriously?" Yoongi asked but it wasn't exactly aimed towards Taehyung. He was asking himself. Should he be taking a drunk/sick man seriously? 

He wanted to. 

He wanted to take this drunk man seriously but he wasn't sure if he should. What if he takes him seriously and the next morning this guy forgets everything that he just said? Isn't that how normal stories go?

"Fufufu~" Taehyung started crying harder, "You don't even take me seriously...?!" 

Yoongi buried his face in his hands and suddenly his shoulders started shaking. 

Just as Taehyung saw this, he stopped crying immediately as he thought this man was crying along with him. 

"I'm sorry." Yoongi looked up, "I shouldn't be laughing at you."

The tears that had stopped streaming down his face once again continued, "I hate you!"

"Okay hehe... Okay. Stop crying." Yoongi spoke as he patted Taehyung's head lovingly. 

"But you don't take me seriously," Taehyung whined. 

Yoongi had never taken care of a sick person nor had he ever taken care of a drunkard, but now he got the first-hand experience of both of it at the same time. He felt like he should've taken prior lessons of nursing such a person. Maybe after this, he'd really consider taking those lessons just in case this happens again. 

"I can't take you seriously if you keep crying like this," Yoongi responded with a straight face, trying his best to hold in the smile that was creeping up his face. 

Taehyung once again stopped crying and wiped away the tears from his face, "I won't cry then.." He sniffled and Yoongi couldn't help but smile at the sight. 

"You promise you won't cry?"

Taehyung bobbed his head up and down enthusiastically, "I promise. I promise. I promise I won't but you have to... You have to take me seriously."

Yoongi suddenly had the urge to hug the man. He was just... too cute. Deadly cute!

"Now your turn." 

Yoongi, "My turn for what?"

"You have to promise me. Promise me that you'll take me seriously."

Yoongi sighed, "I don't even know what this conversation was about."

"It's about you being a thief." Taehyung grinned and his eyes formed two little crescents making him look like a small kid whose mother had finally agreed to buy his favorite candy.