Ch#34 I'll see you tonight at 12:15

"Are you sure your mum won't mind me staying over? I can stay at aunts alone, I have the key, and I am an adult after all." I asked Belle as we collected our stuff. Parihan and aunt won't be back till sunday, so that leaves me with 3 days all on my own.

"Yes, I'm sure she won't mind. You let me stay over at yours for like 2 weeks. She won't even care you're there. And probably loves you more than she loves Davi here And I get to share my room with you like you did with me!! And I promise I'll keep snoring!!" She said with a huge grin as we walked away with our bags, Dawood in tow. He's been quiet ever since we got off the plane, which is just plain weird.

He didn't even comment of Belle calling him Davi or having him hold her bags. He just seem numb, which worried me a bit. It's very unusual to see him acting like this.
"Did you call mum to pick us up?" Belle asked her brother.
"No, Elliot is picking us up." He replied.
"Why?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowed. And Dawood just gave her a look, tilting his head and raising his eyebrows, 'are you really asking that look'.
"Oh." She replied as she realised.
"I thought it was just going to be a little while, like a week or so." She said.
"It was supposed to be, but it's Mum, she's too nice or should I say stupid to say no." He replied.
"You shouldn't call your mother stupid. You need to respect her more." I snapped into the conversation, I know i shouldn't be involved as its personal but I can't just stand here and let him insult his mom.
"Mum's are no less than angels.
She's the one who has paradise under her feet. I mean just looking at her lovingly is an act of devotion.
I'm not even judging her but from what I know she's an amazing woman. And that she dotes on you both." I added.

He had the audacity to crack a smile, he just said, "Come on, Elliot is here." And started walking away.
I didn't want to get angry because honestly I get frustrated fairly easily so I started reciting A'oodhu billahi minash shaytaannir rajeem (I seek refuge in Allah from Satan, the outcast/accursed) as I silently followed him.
I have to stay 3 more days under the same roof as him, I need to stay sane.

The ride to their place was silent, a little too silent for my liking. It feel like the silence before the storm and I was rethinking my decision to come back right now so that I don't miss anymore classes rather than waiting just 3 extra to come back with Parihan and aunt. Why did I have to be the goody two shoes that didn't want to get in trouble?

The car stopped infront of their yard with a slow screech, adding to the horrible feeling, which I'm sure isn't something only I'm feeling. With the building tension we got out of the car and started collecting our bags which felt painfully slow.
Elliot bit us goodbye as he reminded Dawood that he has a room free if he needs it.
We walked inside and were quick to find Lisa busy fixing lunch.
"Oh you kids are back!" She exclaimed and came to hug us, Dawood walked off upstairs without even greeting her.
Lisa's face turned sad for a second but she was quick to bring back her smile as she squeezed Belle first and then me.
"I bet you guys are starving! Plane phone sucks! Go freshen up. Lunch is almost ready." She ordered us.
Belle asked me to go ahead and settle in her room as she stayed an extra minute to talk to her mum.

I walked upstairs giving them their privacy, I placed the bags in Belle's room before I found myself moving to Dawoods door and knocked on the door.
"I don't want to listen, Mom." He yelled through the door without opening it.
I knocked again. "David it's me. Zeenith."
"I don't want to talk to you either." He yelled back.
"Then don't talk, just listen." I replied.
"You're not going to leave without me opening the door. Are you?" He said and I'm very sure he let out a huff too.
"Noppppeeeee." I replied back as I stepped back waiting for the door to open.

"What do you want?" He said opening the door a crack.
"Just for you to hear me out." I replied.
"Look babe, I appreciate you trying to help and see the good in everyone. But you don't know what's going on." He replied trying to shut the door again only to be stopped my shoes.
"Yes. Well, I don't. But I can unless you talk about it. Look it's pretty clear that it's something that's messing with you. And we both know you're not going to talk to anyone about it. So I'm here offering to listen/or talk whatever you prefer." I offered. I know! I was equally surprised at how nice I can be sometimes!

"Fine. Not right now. Meet me in the driveway at 12am. If you're a minute late, I'm gone." He ordered.
"I think you're forgetting here that I'm helping you. Not the other way around so, don't you dare order me around." I snapped back.
"I'll see you tonigh at 12:15am." I said and walked away. Ya Allah! This guy! Jusy how can someone ever be this frustrating. I'm sure I'm going to end up having a stroke by the end of this week if this keeps going on.

Author's note!
Salam everyone! Missed me yet? *winks*
Stay safe! And please please please follow all the SOPS!

VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE!

P.s I'm leaning towards Ayan and Zarah. Still not a fixed decision. That way they can be A-Z!

P.ss let me know if anyone is making the cover for the new book!

~M