Ch#33 When scarfy and dumb potato finally talk

We were running around like headless chickens to make sure that we didn't miss anything. We both know I won't be back for a while now. Gotta complete the semester and have to start applying for uni's, Not much time left.
Man why does it feel like the time is passing me by. I mean, it feels still sometimes that nothing is changing and then boom! All of a sudden it's gone and feels like it flew right past us.

We were finally safely at the airport and called out for our flight.
We were nicely seated with me in the middle and Belle next to me, when out of thin air the dumb potato tapped on Belle's shoulder.
Belle being unbell-y stood up from her seat and let dumb potato take her place.
"Don't make me regret this, or make me start looking for an early grave. I only have one brother, don't make me have none." She warned him with a sweet smile before she hopped down the aisle. 

Now ladies and gentlemen if you remember how our last flight together went, or how last night went infact, you'll know we don't exactly go well together. I'm fairly civil (I think) but oh well, others might think otherwise given our history.
So obviously I was going to stay quiet.
Not going to waste my energy on someone that won't help me.
So I did what I do best, Plugged in my headphones and pulled out my book.

The announcements were made and the not so nice flight attended asked me to keep my phone away, which I did. Reluctantly might I add.
"Why is this stupid plane moving so much." Dawood muttered squeezing the life out of the armrest. If you guys remember, he's not so great with flying. 
"Why couldn't we have just drove back." he muttered angrily
"Just keep breathing, in and out, nice and easy, it's okay. Just the plane lifting of the runway. The pilot does this all day. It's safe." I tried to console him.
"As if that's going to help me!" He screeched.
"It will if you follow it properly. Anyways chance of a crash is like 1 in like 10 million. There are more chance of you dying in a car crash than a plane." I replied.
"And you ride a bike!! That's like the most dangerous ride." I added. 
"So, You're okay, you're safe. We're already in the air, the plane is steady." I added trying to make him feel better.
"Just keep trying to breathe. We'll turn on some music." I suggested, which helped him calm down a bit. 

"I'm sorry." We both said at the same time.
"Why are you sorry?" We jinxed again.
"Because you didn't do anything to make me cry. It just got a little too much. And yes you're annoying but I overreacted." I replied.
"I shouldn't have been bothering you, you've been a great host to an uninvited guest who just tagged along. And didn't just invade your privacy but also kept frustrating you knowingly." He replied sounding might I say apologetic?
"Why did you come though? We both know wasn't to protect your sister." I asked.
"Who said it was just to protect my sister?" He said with a wink. And here we have it ladies and gentlemen, we're back to him being a used toothbrush!

So I went back to my phone and book. Can't even have a decent conversation with this guy! Why is he always this annoying? Its like his head just clicks to remind him to annoy me.
And yes, I made sure he was actually okay with the flying and it wasn't him deflecting.

Dawood's hand snapped over mine, I was about to shout at him but I took off the earphones out first.
"We're experiencing some turbulence, please remain seated and fasten your seatbelts." The voice called out.

Now that makes sense, he got scared. I'll be honest, it's kinda funny how he gets scared over something that's so small and natural. But that's exactly what anxiety and phobias are. It doens't always make sense to everyone else but for that person it's something that stops their world.

"Come on David keep breathing, we'll be okay. This will pass. Just keep breathing, in through your nose, out through your mouth. Follow me." I explained to him.

I started reciting Ayat-ul-Kursi
Translation:
Allah – there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence.
Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep.
To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth.
Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission?
He knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them, and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills.
His Kursi (seat/power) extends over the heavens and the earth, and their preservation tires Him not.
And He is the Most High, the Most Great.

"You know, when we recite this verse it means that we're under his protection. If we recite it once we're under one angel's protection, if we do it twice you'll be protected by tqo angels, if we recite it 3 times Allah himself will protect us." I explained to him and he calmly listened. And before we knew the turbulence stopped and we were calmly flying again.

Author's Note!
Heya everyone! I know i know I said I'll update quicker but oh well! I suck at updates. Stay safe and have fun!

Vote, comment and share!

P.s Thank you Hannah for sharing the Plane scare experience!
~M