Ch#30 Barish mai pakoray (fritters in the rain)

My phone instantly pinged.
David_the_magician: Tssk tssk.....Are you stalking me Muslim? 😏
David_the_magician: Scared? 😳
David_the_magician: I know you're still there, I can hear your heart skyrocket from all the way here. 💓
David_the_magician: Come on babe, don't leave me hanging now.
Zeenith_A_Q: Maybe.

David_the_magician: Is that all I'm going to get, I deserve more than a maybe, don't I Babe? I'm glad you liked the picture though, it's one of my favourites. Makes my eyes pop doesn't it? 😎
Zeenith_A_Q: No. You don't. AND YOU'RE WELCOME. I'M GLAD YOU APPRECIATED THE ACCIDENTAL LIKE. AND I AM NOT YOUR BABE. DUDE.
David_the_magician: Ouch! shouty shouty. You're going to make my ears bleed, babe. 🙉
Zeenith_A_Q: I swear if you called me babe one more time you're going to regret the rest of your stay. Reel in the attitude and don't forget your place monkey.
(No one calls me babe. Thats utterly cheap. That Stupid used stuck up tissue.)

David_the_magician: That sounds a lot like a threat, Babeeeeee! And I love threats! So bring it on, babe. 🤩
Zeenith_A_Q: UUUFGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!! DON'T FORGET YOU'RE STILL IN MY TERITORY.
David_the_magicain: Tssk tssk, no shouting babe. What will phoppo say? I know I am babe, and I love it! It's a beautiful territory, really. 🤪
Zeenith_A_Q: You're really testing my patience. I'll throw you in front of baba!
David_the_magician: Oh please do, babe! I'll tell him all about how his sweet innocent little girl is stalking stangers in the middle of the night and liking their indecent photos. 🤫
Zeenith_A_Q: I was not stalking you! AND IT WAS A MISTAKE!!!
David_the_magician: Babe, that's what all stalkers say. I'm not falling into that trap. 🤨
Zeenith_A_Q: Good night. I HOPE THE BED BUGS BITE YOU SO HARD THAT YOU END UP IN THE HOSPITAL.
Zeenith_A_Q: Logged off.

That stupid crooked idiot!!!! I swear one day I'm going to lose my fuse and he'll really end up in the hospital.

It wasn't long after that Belle woke up and demanded might I add, to not let her waste her last day here cooped up in the house.
"I dunno, I kinda just want to curl up next to baba till you have to claw me away and back to london." I added flopping on the sofa, she rolled her eyes muttering daddy's girl under her breath to which I stucked my tongue out.
"Your baba isn't back till like 6, till then you can sulk while entertaining me!" Belle proposed.
"Fine fine! We'll go. Go get dressed! And wake your oh so mighty brother brother up. So that he doesn't give phoppo an heart attack later." I replied getting cosier in the sofa.

Belle excitedly jumped up and did as she was told.
"Zeenith beta yeh uchalti kodti Kahan ja rahi hai? Is ko samjaho larkion ko esa nahi krna chahiay." Phoppo said. (Child, where is she jumping off to? Guide her that its not something girls should do.)

"Phoppo wo bas khush hai, ghomnay ja rahain hain hum." I repled. (Aunt, She's just happy, we're going out.)
"Aye hai. Yeh koi ghomnay ka waqt hai? Toofan araha hai, Barish honay wali hai. Abhi niklay to phas jao gay. Bijli gir gai to? Ghar kay pehlay bachay par wesay hi girnay ka kehtay hain." Phopo exclaimed.
(Oh no! This is not the time to go out. Theres a strom coming, Its about to rain. If you leave now youll get stuck. What if lightening struck. Its said its high risk for the first child of the house.)

"Phoppo kuch nahi hota. Esay hi kehnay wali batain hain." I replied.
(Nothing will happen, its just a myth.)
"Tumharay phoopa marhoom kay chachay kay dost kay bhai ka beta essay hi bijli sai mara tha." Phoppo exclaimed.
(Your dead uncle's, uncle's friend's son died because of lightening.)
"Acha phoppo kahain nahi ja rahi." I exclaimed, There's no winning from phoppo, that's an art only baba knows best. (Okay, we're not going.)

"Chalo theik, mai zara pakoraon ki tyari kr lon. Barish ho aur pakoray nahi?" Phoppo said as she made her way back to the kitchen. (Alright, I'll go get things ready for the fritters, rain without fritters doesn't make any sense)
Just as phoppo excited Belle entered the room.
"So, where are we going?" She asked.
"Um you see, we're not. Phoppo's orders." I replied sheepishly. She doesn't know phoppo but I do.
"But but but you AGREED!!" she shrieked.
I covered my ears dramatically,
"Yes, I did. But its about to rain and I'm not about to argue with phoppo to let us go out." I answered.

"It better be a bloody good rain." She pouted.
"Oh it will be. Rain in Karachi is a whole different story." I replied grinning.
"Oh my new friend, Muslim! How are you doing? Did you sleep well?" Dawood asked grinning when we entered the room.
I shot him a 6 feet under glare to which he kept grinning.
"What are you talking about? You've known her for months." Belle asked confused.
He answered like the best brother in the world he is
"Well you see, our dear friend here..." when a pillow hit him in the face. To be honest, my shots are never ever ever on point but always when it comes to him.

"I think our dear friend is embarrassed." He said with a wink.
"I'm going to go call baba." I said and took a break from the two.
I managed to convince baba to take us to Do Darya tonight whether it rains, or not. Because well, we don't have much time left and we owe it to our city that everyone gets to see its beauty.

After I hung up and turned around, Dawood stood leaning against the door.
He wiggled his eye brows and made a face. "Is this the face you liked last night?"
"You better get a hold of yourself, I may appear like a goody two shoes but I've grown up with cousins and I do know how to fight." I jabbed at him.
"You wound me, Muslim." He said with a hand near his heart and a pouty smirk on his face.

"Zeenith beta barish shuru hogai!! Chhat sai kapray utar thay ya nahi?" Phoppo called out.
(Zeenith child it started raining! Did you get the clothes hanging on the roof or not)
"Abhi utarti hoon!!" I called out and ran to get the clothes off.
Dawood dutily followed not knowing what I'm running of to do.
I was drenched within seconds of stepping out of the rain, it was safe the say that the mid-dried hanging clothes were now wet again. I started grabbing the wet clothes and chucked it into dawood hands who was still just standing there getting wet and doing nothing.
"What am I supposed to do with these!?" He shouted.
"Take them inside you dumb potato." I replied getting the rest.
"Ghar kay andar akr sab bheg mat dena bahar hi roho ab. Ana jana mat kro." Phoppo said from the threshold when Dawood attempted to go back in.
"She doesn't want you to come inside and get everything wet. Its house rules now we stay here until the rain stops." I explained to Dawood while I twirled in the rain.

"What kind of rule is that!?! Why would I want to stay in the rain!?" He exclaimed.
"Because, raaaaiiinnnn is meant to be enjoyed especially since it rarely rains in Karachi." I replied.
"Yeah well there's nothing special about rain. So I'm going back inside." He muttered angrily and went words the door. And me? I did what most rational people do at this point. I kick splashed the water on him and that may or may not have been the reason the water fight started.

Authors note:
Salam everyone! Hope everyone's well! Karachites are you enjoying the rain!?
Peace out!
Vote comment and Share!

~M