Chapter 10

The next morning.

*Buzz buzz*

Klaus heard his phone vibrate and he woke to check it. The time was 6AM and it was a text message from Caroline.

"Good morning! Remember you deserve to be happy. Have a kick ass day!"

He smiled and rubbed his eyes to wake him.

"Good morning, Love. Thank you. Have a great day"

He stretched out in his bed. He was wearing only his black boxer briefs and the feeling of his silk sheets against his skin was phenomenal. He missed this bedspread and he felt like he needed to take it back to Mystic Falls when he left. He finally focused and pulled himself out of bed. He headed to the shower to start his day.

While he was in the shower he mentally went over all of the things he had to do today. He was going to handle the hardest things early in his trip. Today, he decided he wanted to see all of the people he lost. At least their graves anyways. After he visited their graves with Hope he was going to take her Rousseau's to see Declan. He knew she hadn't seen him since Klaus and Elijah died and he felt like she should spend a little time with him while they were in town.

He finished up in the shower and dried off. He brushed his teeth and then got dressed. He walked back into his bathroom to style his hair. When he began styling it he heard a knock at the door.

"Who is it?" he shouted.

"Me! I was told to tell you breakfast is ready!" Hope yelled back through the closed door.

"I'll be down soon!"

He finished up and then headed downstairs. When he got downstairs he saw Rebekah and Marcel standing up pouring themselves mimosas. He walked over to them and took the drink right out of Rebekah's hand. He took a long swig and smiled.

"Good morning you love birds!" Klaus joked with them.

"You're an ass." Rebekah said as she picked up another glass and began making another drink.

"So! What's on your agenda for today? Sight-seeing? Visiting? Partying?" Marcel asked in a cheery voice.

"We're going to visit some old friends of mine today." Klaus said with a huge grin.

"You don't have friends," Rebekah said dryly.

"Sorry, she doesn't like the mornings." Marcel said while wrapping his arm around her waist and pulling her in close.

Klaus rolled his eyes and walked over to the table with his mimosa. He saw blood bags in the middle of the table. He finished his mimosa in one sip and then grabbed a blood bag. When he finished his blood bag he looked over at Hope who had just finished her breakfast.

"Ready to go, Hope?" Klaus asked.

"Sure!"

They said their goodbyes and headed out for the day in Freya's silver Bentley.

"Just so you know, it will probably be an emotional day. We are visiting graves today. We will start with Camille, then Elijah, and then your mother. I just want to see their graves and pay my respects." Klaus said.

"I'm okay with that. Camille is your ex-girlfriend, right?" Hope asked.

"Well, she wasn't my girlfriend, but yes." he answered.

"Okay..." she said quietly.

They arrived at the cemetery and Klaus took a deep breath. Hope grabbed his hand and they began walking to Cami's grave.

Camille Rose O'Connell

"So, tell me your story with her."

"She was amazing. I loved her. I met her the night I found out about you. She was a bartender at Rousseau's. Marcel fancied her first and I compelled her to basically be my therapist, and somewhere between my crazy ex trying to kill her over jealousy and that I fell for her."

"Well, that's sort of a twisted story." Hope said quietly.

"She loved you, you know? I sent her to the safe house I had you at when you were a baby to protect you. She was one of the only people I trusted. The funny thing is, you actually ended up protecting her. When your Uncle Finn was a madman he went to the safe house and was attacking Elijah. You and Camille were in the car on your way back to the house and you turned the car off with your magic and prevented her from going to the house. You adored her just as much as she adored you. I wish you could have known her and remembered her." Klaus said while getting teary eyed.

"I wish I could've remembered her too. Hey, while we're her I'm going to go see the priest." Hope said while walking away slowly knowing her dad needed this time alone.

He watched her walk away before turning back to Cami's grave.

"She's beautiful," said a familiar voice.

"Camille."

"Well sort of. You conjured me up in your head, but it's very much me. You look good. Alive." Cami said with a smile.

"Yeah... Uh... Hope brought me back."

"I heard. I also heard they let you out for redemption. Don't screw it up." Cami laughed.

"I do miss you, Camille."

"I miss you too. I want you to know, Klaus... I found peace. I'm with my brother and the rest of my family now. I've never been this happy. I know I can't take this for granted now." she smiled.

"Truth be told, I'm scared to mess this up. Everything is going so well. I'm happy, Camille. I don't have Elijah or you or Hayley to tell me how to stay this way." Klaus said shakily.

"Hey, you got this. Let your family in, Klaus. Let Caroline in... They're all here to help you."

"Oh you know about Caroline?" Klaus asked hesitantly.

"Yeah. Oh yeah. She's pretty. She'll put you in your place. You need a good kick in the ass sometimes. Just make sure to let her in. I know you love her too. Or loved her maybe? Just keep falling for her or fall for her again. Make it epic. You need that. You deserve an epic love. We didn't get to have our epic love, but you have a second chance, Klaus. You can have that with her. Be there for her, completely. She is perfect for you. She loves Hope so much, she believes in you wholeheartedly and she's the light you need. This is the start-ish of something epic. Enjoy it." Cami raved.

"I don't think I ever un-fell for her. I do love you. So much. She's just always had a special place in my heart. I think you two were some of the most magnificent people I knew."

"I know. Just do right by her, Klaus. Do right by her and Hope. I've gotta go now, but we will see each other again someday.  I love you, Klaus." she said as she faded away.

"Goodbye Camille" Klaus whispered to the spot she was standing.

Klaus walked over to see Hope looking at the grave of the priest and grabbed her hand. She gave him a teary smile and nodded her head as they left that area of the cemetery.