Chapter 5

*Next morning*

Klaus woke up when he heard an alarm going off. It sounded rather close until he realized his head was pounding, so even if that clock was in the next state it would still be loud to him. He knew his hangover would only last about 30 seconds, but that damn alarm was making it unbearable. Finally, the alarm went off and Klaus' headache faded away. He heard someone in the kitchen. He immediately got up to go see what Caroline was doing in there and he smelled coffee. He hoped she was making coffee in her pajamas which meant that they didn't have to face the real world yet.

There she was in the kitchen with her back towards Klaus pouring coffee. She already had on a black pantsuit that hugged her curves perfectly. Her hair was already done and even though she faced away from Klaus, he knew her makeup was already done too.

"Good morning, Love." Klaus said with a smirk. He was standing there in only his boxer briefs with his hands on his hips waiting for her to turn around and notice him. 

Caroline turned around with two cups of coffee in her hands. She glanced down at Klaus in his underwear and just continued with what she was doing. She knew he wanted a reaction out of her, and she was not going to give him the satisfaction. She handed him the cup of coffee and went to the fridge to get their breakfast. She tossed a blood bag to him and kept one for herself. 

Between sips she motioned towards the door which had a large trunk next to it. A trunk that Klaus knew was one of his own. "When I found out Hope brought you back, I sent a couple of my guys to your house to get some of your things. It has mostly clothes and shoes they said so I sent them to the store to get a few other things you would need. Hygiene products are what I asked them to get, but they are very pretty so you have several bags sitting on top of the trunk with things you may need." she said.

It took Klaus a moment to process everything she just said to him. Finally, he said "Thank you. I was just going to head back to New Orleans today and try to settle back into my old life. Also, did you just say one of your guys?"

"Well, you can't just leave. Your daughter just got you back. You can stay in my guest room as long as you need to while you two re-connect. Yes. My guys. I've had a group of four gentleman with me since I began my research on the Gemini coven. Two witches, Leo and Mark. One vampire, Roman. Yes, I know how you feel about him and no I will not fire him. One werewolf, Broady. They have been my friends and my bodyguards, and I wouldn't have made it this far without them." Caroline said.

"Why is he still alive?" Klaus said through gritted teeth.

"Well, he didn't technically do anything wrong. He thought Greta had pure intentions and he became lost after everything happened. I guess he turned back up in Mystic Falls to help with the Miss Mystic pageant and Hope reached out to me and asked if he could tag along with me. I agreed it would be good for him to run with the other species and he has become a different person with us. I trust him with my life now." Caroline explained.

"And sweet saint Caroline just couldn't resist," Klaus said with a hint of disgust in his voice.

Caroline scoffed. "Go get dressed. You have a meeting in about ten minutes," she said sternly.

"A meeting? With whom?!" Klaus asked irritated.

"You need to have a meeting with the people that run your daughter's school, since you just popped back up after two years." she ended with a grin.

"Alaric," Klaus said quietly.

"Yep! And me. He's on his way with the kids. Get dressed," She ordered.

Klaus stood up and went put his empty coffee cup in the sink and his empty blood bag in the trash and began walking away.

"Nice undies!" she called out to him.

"I thought you weren't interested, what with you dismissing me last night before anything happened." he shot back at her.

"Oh, I'm interested. But last night wasn't the right time. Not yet. We'll have our time," she laughed.

He walked over to get the trunk and the bags next to the door and vamped into his room that he will be staying in. He brushed his teeth, got dressed and styled is hair. 

By the time he was done he heard a knock at the door. Almost as if on cue. He heard Caroline open the door and greet everyone as they moved into the house. Klaus opened the bedroom door which was near the entryway and saw everyone staring at him. Hope in awe, the twins with suspense, Ric with disgust and Caroline with a big fake smile.

"You're all here. What now?" Klaus asked.