Chapter 31

"Hello Caroline. I came to see Stefan, only I stumbled into his memorial library. Anything you'd like to share?"

"Um... come sit down. Evidently we have a lot to talk about."

Valerie released a long sigh and walked over to one of the chairs across from Caroline. She crossed her legs and then folded her arms over her chest looking at Caroline with a serious face.

"A little over twelve years ago Stefan and I got married. His ex, Katherine that died, ended up being the devil and running Hell. The only way to get rid of her was for her die from hellfire. Bonnie shot up Stefan with the cure and then the night we got married he sacrificed himself to hold Katherine in the path of the hellfire and make sure she died."

"That is... insane. If Stefan loved you, why did he sacrifice himself on the night of your wedding?"

"He's the hero. He always has to be the hero."

*knock knock*

Roman walked through the doors before Caroline could tell him to come in and froze when he saw Caroline had a guest. "Uh who are you?" He asked.

"Roman, this is Valerie. My dead husband's... ex girlfriend. Um, I guess. Anyways, what do you need?"

"The rest of the guys are here. What do you want me to tell them to do?"

"I forgot they were all getting in today. Why don't we all meet at the grill?"

"Sure. Sorry to interrupt." Roman said as he turned around and left the room, closing the door behind him.

Valerie turned her attention back to Caroline. "Is he the new boyfriend?"

Caroline raised her brow at Valerie. "Not that it's any of your business, but no. He was a student here, went through some family things and then I helped pull his head out of his ass."

"How are your babies? I'm assuming that's why you have a school for the supernatural?"

"Yeah. They're 16 now, so not technically babies. They're good though, and yes. We did open this school for them and for kids like them."

"And you and Alaric..."

"Are just co-parents. He's one of the most important people in my life don't get me wrong, but we're not together or anything."

"Ah. Well, I'll get out of your hair then." Valerie said as she got up and walked to the door.

"Valerie." Caroline sighed. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Stefan."

Valerie gave her a small nod and then left. After she was gone Caroline packed all her things up so she could leave. She said her goodbyes to the staff, Ric, and the girls on her way out the door. Caroline made it to her car and started on her drive home.

"Call Klaus Mikaelson." She said to her hands free feature in her car.

"Calling Klaus Mikaelson." The car said back.

*ring ring*

"Hello love."

"Hey. I'm on my way home. Wow that sort of sounds weird. Anyways, we're having dinner at the grill tonight. I'll swing by and pick you up then we can go meet the guys at the grill, so get ready."

"The guys that follow you around like puppies?"

"Well, they're my team, but yeah sure. Unless you don't want to come then I can meet them by myself."

"Four men are courting around the girlfriend of the most powerful creature on the planet, and I'd like to know why. Of course I'm going."

"Alright, crazy pants. Now that we've been on the phone this long I'll be there in 2 minutes."

What Now?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara