Chapter 23

When Kol parked the car in front of the house he and Klaus both turned around to see Caroline looking down at Davina playing with her hair while Davina was laying across the back seat with her head in Caroline's lap fast asleep. It was a heartwarming moment, even for Klaus.

Caroline looked up at the two men watching her and softly smiled. "I'm starting to feel sober again, but I'm starving." she whispered.

"Let's get inside. I'll get Davina to bed and then we can have a few more drinks and some blood bags." Kol responded softly.

Kol and Klaus got out of the car and opened both of the back doors. Kol went around the the passenger side and got Davina out. He carried her bridal style into the house. Caroline was almost completely sober again so she was fine. Klaus offered her his arm that she smiled and took as they slowly made their way up the walkway.

"Are you going to be up for awhile?" he inquired.

"This is going to sound really weird, but I do kind of want to be a little buzzed by the time I go to bed." she responded earning a questionable look from him. "I've been having weird nightmares. It's never the same thing, they're just random nightmares. Oh and also I really am starving. So yeah, I think I am going to be up for awhile. You?"

"If you're up, I'm up."

They made it to the front porch and Caroline separated from Klaus and leaned against one of the large columns. The porch light was on so she just looked out into the darkness of the night in deep thought. "I haven't been to a club in ages. I haven't danced like that in so long... I had a lot of fun tonight. Thanks for making me go." Caroline said as she just stared into the dark.

Klaus stepped towards Caroline and stood behind her. He rested his arm on the column behind her and looked down at her even though she wasn't looking at him. "I suppose one of the other reasons I was brought back was to remind you to live. To enjoy your vampire life. You need to know I'm here to make sure you dance and have fun and never stay holed up in a dusty den with journals and notepads by yourself again." he replied quietly to her.

She turned her head slightly and their noses brushed. He took his pointer finger of his free hand and raised her chin before leaning into kiss her. It was soft and sweet. They weren't trying to be hot and heavy right now, they just wanted to let the other know they were always going to be there. Before they knew it the porch light began to flicker. Klaus pulled away from her lips but rested his head on her forehead. He sighed and through gritted teeth said "Kol..."

The front door opened. "Make sure to get inside you two lovebirds! There is a curfew you know!" Kol gleamed.

Caroline and Klaus rolled their eyes and followed Kol inside. "I've set us up in the bar." Kol motioned towards the door that lead to the bar.

"Actually I'm gonna go check on the kids and then change real quick. I'll be right back. Have some blood ready for me please?" Caroline responded as she was already heading back upstairs.

She flashed herself up the stairs and went to the girls rooms. She opened Hope's door since it was the closest. All three girls were passed out on Hope's bed. Caroline focused and used her vamp hearing to make sure the kids were asleep and not pretending, but their heartbeats were steady, they were definitely asleep. Caroline smiled to herself and quietly closed the bedroom door. She made her way down the hall to her room. She quickly got undressed and put everything away. She took off the heavy parts of her makeup. She decided to keep a little on since she would still be seeing Klaus and Kol, but just enough to make it look natural. She slid on some silky pajama shorts and a tank top, put her black kimono over it, and put on some fuzzy socks. She put her hair in a high pony and made it look presentable. She gave herself a quick look in the mirror and then her stomach growled reminding her she needed to eat.

Caroline flashed to the bar door and stood there for a second. She heard Kol's laughter and Klaus' groans through the door. She smiled to herself and then took a deep breath and opened the door to see the two men with their backs towards her with blood in chalets and glasses of bourbon beside them.

"Ah! Caroline! Still looking stunning, darling! Come get a chalet and a drink! I can make anything!" Kol boasted as he made his way behind the small bar.

Klaus let his eyes rake over Caroline as she made her way over to the barstool next to him. She slightly blushed under his gaze and then got back her full confidence. She sat down and took the chalet Kol placed in front of her and chugged it.

"You really were starving, weren't you?" Klaus asked while looking at Caroline in awe.

Caroline finished the blood and then sat there for a moment as she let her vampire features fade away. Both men were looking at her with smirks. They both enjoyed when vampires embraced their true selves. "Yes I was starving. I feel better now thanks for asking. I'll take a tequila chilled with limes. Thanks, Kol."

"Anything for you!" Kol turned around and started making her drink.

Klaus turned towards Caroline and she looked back at him. His gaze was intense locked on her eyes. "Your boyfriend, huh?"

Caroline scoffed and Kol chuckled.

"I heard you tell the waitress to bring your boyfriend shots. Here I was thinking I'd have to force you to give me that title."

"Well, after dealing with a waitress that was trying to fuck me and a drunk friend I knew I needed more alcohol and I needed to describe you somehow!"

"And friends just wouldn't do, would it Caroline?" Kol smirked as he sat down the shot and small bowl of limes in front of Caroline.

Caroline rolled her eyes and took her shot. "Another please."

Kol smiled and poured more tequila into her glass. "You know Caroline, I do like you. You're spunky. Plus, you're dating my brother and that can't be an easy task."

Caroline took another shot. "You're annoying. Has anyone ever told you that?" Then she took the bottle from Kol and started drinking straight from the bottle. She needed more alcohol and Kol was going too slow for her.

"Well, looks like I'm no longer needed here." Kol raised his brows. "Behave children. Have sex in the bedrooms not my bar, please? If you do have sex in my bar, just don't tell me about it." Caroline and Klaus groaned in sync. Kol smiled "or do..." and walked out to make his way to his room.

"Have you had fun so far?" Klaus asked her as she was taking another swig from her bottle.

"Yeah, actually. Don't tell Kol, but he and Davina have really made this enjoyable for me. Even though all day tomorrow I'll be stuck reading more notebooks, I know at some point I'll have more fun. Also, the girls are having an incredible time and I love that for them. What about you?"

"I have to say, I am rather enjoying myself. It's nice to see Hope interact with friends. I've never gotten to see that before." Klaus responded Caroline smiled softly at Klaus and put her hand on his on the bar top. "Are you going to finish that bottle off, love?"

She smiled and pressed the bottle to her lips, then chugged the remaining half of the bottle. "Are you going to take advantage of me tonight?" she drunkenly smirked.

He leaned in pressing his lips to her ear letting his index finger make its way up her bare leg. "Only if you call me your boyfriend again." he whispered.

She pulled away and looked at him confused. "No way."

Klaus smiled and then flashed off to his room leaving Caroline drunk and alone. She scoffed and then headed off to bed.

She got to her room and looked around. She was still shocked Klaus left her alone. She wanted nothing more than for him to have her, but at what cost? Was he her boyfriend? Who did she have to inform before they made that official decision?

She got into bed and looked at the ceiling releasing a sigh. "What now?"