Chapter 25

When Caroline, Davina, and the girls arrived home they saw both Kol and Klaus sleeping on the couches.

"Aw how sweet. They're sleeping!" Lizzie joked.

"Wait. Kol never sleeps during the day? We left for the morning and they decided to take naps? That doesn't sound like the Mikaelson men." Davina added.

Caroline focused on Klaus' chest but heard no heartbeat. She walked around and put her hand on Klaus' cheek, but his head limply fell to the other side. "Someone broke their necks."

"Right you are..."

Everyone turned towards the door to the bar and saw a tall red head leaning against the door frame.

Caroline walked in front of the girls since she knew she was the strongest, excluding Hope of course but she is just a child. "Who the hell are you?"

"Genevieve..." Davina whispered.

"Hello Davina. I see you still side with the vampires. Don't worry, I'm not here for you. I know a failure when I see one."

"Who are you here for, then?" Davina asked with a shaky voice.

"Caroline."

"Okay, uh no. Who even are you? How the hell do you know who I am?"

"Oh I'm sorry dear. My name is Genevieve. I am... was a New Orleans witch. I am here to deliver a message to you from the ancestors. You'll need to come with me. The ancestors sent me with a couple other... people." Genevieve rolled her eyes.

"What is this about?" Caroline asked taking a step forward.

"Klaus. I'm afraid I can't give you anymore details since everyone has their part to play in this mission. I promise no one will come of any harm as long as you come with me. We may even have you back before Klaus wakes."

Caroline took another step towards Genevieve when a hand landed on her arm. She turned towards Davina. "No Care. Her and Klaus used to be... together. She's evil."

"I promise I am not here to harm anyone. We don't have much time. Come now, Caroline."

"Mom, don't go." Josie said softly.

Caroline turned towards Genevieve and searched her face. "I believe her." If there's one thing she's learned since becoming a mom it was when to tell if someone was lying. She turned back towards the girls, "I'll be back. If Klaus wakes before I get back tell him I went voluntarily. He'll be mad when he wakes, but I'll be back." she gave a soft smile and then walked towards Genevieve.

Genevieve extended her arm and took Caroline's hand. She closed her eyes and then they were gone.

Within a second Caroline was in that glass shed that the girls used to change when they went to the beach. She looked around and she saw several women. Genevieve was still next to her, a shorter red head sitting on a bench playing with some type of gardening tool, a blonde with her legs crossed and her arms folded over her chest sitting in a chair, someone that looked like Elena was standing in the center of the room, and then Hayley was standing looking out of the glass.

"Wait what's going on here? Hayley? Elena?" Caroline was very confused.

The short red head stood from her spot with a cheeky smile. "So this is the new girl that has caught our Nik's eye. My my, you are pretty. I see he still has a thing for blondes." she smiled looking at the other blonde.

"Can't kill me again, Aurora. I'm dead. Dead dead." the blonde rolled her eyes.

"Quiet! We have the girl we need to get on with this!" Genevieve scolded the two women. "Caroline, this is Tatia. Klaus was in love with her when he was human. It was her blood that turned the Originals into vampires and him and Elijah both fell for her. Elijah killed her." Caroline looked at the Elena look alike that Genevieve was talking about who was wearing a long white plain dress that looked to be from the 10th century. The girl lightly waved.