44 - Feelings and shit

Deku POV

"Um..."

I bit my lip. My mom had a strange expression on her face, halfway between pissed off and curious. I didn't know what to say.

It wasn't like me and Kacchan had talked at all about what we were. I mean, yes we'd kissed. Well, we had made out. Not a big difference, but still. I'm not entirely sure what happened, we just began kissing.

He obviously hadn't said anything about it. It wasn't at all like him to say anything anyway, so I couldn't count on him bringing it up.

It was inevitable that I would have to ask him. A long and awkward conversation awaited.

Hell, even I didn't know how I felt about him. I knew I loved him, but did that necessarily mean that I was in love with him?

Did he want a relationship? Did he just like kissing me or something? He told me he loved me, was he in love with me?

I growled and ruffled my hair violently in frustration. Mom jumped slightly.

"Did I strike a nerve?"

"I'm not sure what we are. It's really complicated mom, I don't really wanna talk about it." I finally snapped.

"Honey...I've seen the way you look at him. You love him."

I rolled my eyes. "I know that."

"Do you want to be his boyfriend?" She asked, making me freeze and turn bright red. Damn...it seemed like it would be a nice feeling to call him my boyfriend.

I stopped for a moment and let my imagination go off. I imagined being able to be normal aspiring heroes, dating secretly as we worked on our careers, staying overnight on weekends, and flirting during classes.

After graduating UA we could get a place together and maybe eventually...Deku and him could wear identical rings, and be together forever.

It was only a fantasy, though. (Pain)

"Yes." I finally answered, gripping my shirt shyly. I didn't know if he would want the same, but it was worth a shot.

"Ask him straight up, and tell him how you feel." She said sweetly.

Then she looked reluctant. "He did bully you for years, what brought these feelings up?"

I sighed. "I guess...he helped me when I was really vulnerable, and I became really attached to him. Not that I didn't think he was cute before that."

I blushed darkly.

"Huh." She didn't question what I meant. "You two better not have done anything more than kissing."

I turned bright pink. "W-what? What do you mean by that?!"

"I mean, I hope your little make out session wasn't going to lead to you two hooking up in a hospital room."

By that point I was bright red and my face was on fire.

"N-no, we're not like that!"

"I don't know, I think he looked like he wouldn't have minded that-"

"MOM!"

She laughed so hard there were tears in her eyes as I covered my face and tried to cool my cheeks off.

"Alright, well, I can stay for a bit longer, or I can leave now."

I needed some time alone to think. "You can leave if you want, I'm pretty tired anyway."