clay's first solo mission

Start from the beginning

A couple minutes later, I met Vincent at his house. It was still pretty bright, but I figured to stall until the sun went down. I drove us to the cemetery.

I wore a white T-shirt and black shorts. I planned to go the bathroom and change before Vincent met his demise. We got to the cemetery.

He took a look at my backpack. "What's with the shovel?" He asked.

I couldn't knock him out just yet so I had to come up with something. I figured to give him a clue about his fate. "Eh, to dig your grave with,"

He laughed, thinking it was a joke. He had my pity. A guard stopped us. "Closed,"

I frowned. Vincent hid a smile. We started to walk away. "Wanna sneak in?" I asked him.

"No way!" Vincent yelled.

I pulled out some money from my pocket. "I'll pay you,"

He snatched the money. "Wow. You are desperate to spend time with me, aren't you," he joked, pocketing the money. "Fine. But if I get arrested, you're taking the blame,"

I nodded and led Vincent to around to the side of the cemetery. We jumped the gate and got in. He crossed his arms and held his elbows. "It's so dark at 5."

I shivered. "I really need to use the bathroom. Can you handle being out here alone?"

"What? Yes I can, just be quick,"

I nodded and headed to a nearby restroom. I changed into black clothes and kept my hood on so my hair color wasn't visible. I put on my smiley face mask and left the bathroom.

I found the security room. It was at the entrance of the graveyard. Someone was in there. I knocked on the door. The worker opened it and asked if I needed help. I didn't want to say anything, so I just nodded. I swiftly pulled out my shovel and knocked them out. I took deep breaths. I checked the monitor and took a picture so I had an idea where the cameras were. Then, I restarted the monitor, deleting all of it data. I was paranoid someone might still be able to recover it so I stole the monitor and kept it with me. I figured I'd hide it with Vincent's body.

I looked off to find the guard at the front of entrance. I snuck behind him and knocked him out without him seeing me. Sweat ran down my face. "Hey!" Another security guard called out. I sighed before running up to him and knocking him out too.

I hugged and wiped sweat off of my forehead. I checked the time. It was started to get late. The sun was already set. I looked at the picture that I took of the monitor. There were 9 cameras.

I sighed knowing this would take a while. I texted Vincent.

You
Sorry might take a while

You
Bit constipated

Vincent
tmi

I laughed a little before I went on a hunt for all of the cameras. One was in the security room so I returned there to take it. I stuffed it in my backpack. 8 to go. I looked at the picture. One was outside of the bathrooms. I snuck there to steal another one. Stuffed it in my backpack with the other.

After 15 minutes, I got all 9. My backpack was starting to get full. I counted to make sure I had all nine. Then, I returned to Vincent. He was sitting on a bench, on his phone. He looked up at me. His eyes widened in fear.

I took out my knife and pointed it to him. "Look, I don't know what you want, but I don't have anything. You can take my money. It's all I have," he handed out the money I gave him.

He took a look at my backpack. "C-Clay?" He stuttered, petrified. I pushed him onto the ground. I took off my mask to reveal my face. It was windy and the air blew threw my hair, making this feel like a movie. I felt sorry for the poor boy.

I knelt down in front of him, holding the knife close to his chest. He gulped, trying not move. "Why?" He asked with tears rolling down his face. I frowned, trying to keep my emotions hidden.

"Doing Zak a favor," I start by saying. I stare at him. He was crying with no emotion, or at least he was trying to. Tears streamed down his face, but he wasn't frowning. He kept his mouth straight, though I could tell his lips were quivering. His eyebrows were furrowed.

"Why would Zak want this? I'm his best friend," he asked, his voice breaking up.

"Eh, that's debatable. Zak and I noticed something very interesting. You have been flirting with Zak's boyfriend," I say, now holding the knife under his chin, lifting his face to look up at mine.

He furrowed his eyebrows some more. "Zak has a boyfriend? I never knew," we both frowned.

"Darryl. Me and Zak have this deal. If someone gets in the way of him and Darryl, I'd help him out. If someone gets in the way of me and George, he'd help me out. Zak's busy right now,"

Vincent's starts to shake. "Darryl? He's dating Darryl? He's never told me. I wasn't flirting with Darryl. I've always thought Zak liked him in that way. I was trying to set them up. That's why Darryl kept blushing when I talked to him,"

My eyes widened. I felt a tear drop from my face. "What? But Zak and Darryl were already dating. You didn't need to do that," I say, you can hear the regret in my voice.

He frowned and looked at me. "I didn't know that," he whimpered faintly.

Tears streamed down but I didn't feel much. Only regret. Only guilt. I'm about to kill an innocent person. All he wanted to do was help.

I held the knife to his heart, my hand shaking. "I'm so sorry," I cried, full of emotion, "You know too much now,"

He was still crying too, but in a sense of relief. He placed his hand on the side of my face, holding it softly. I put my hand on his, giving him support. He used thumb to wipe my tears. "It's ok. I love you, Clay. I know you love George, I'd support you no matter what. I hope he makes you happy." he smiled up at me, I was filled up with emotions and started to cry out loudly.

"I'll try not to scream too loud," were his last words.

—————————————————————————
Thank you for reading part 28 :)

Feel free to give suggestions and vote if you enjoyed!
——————————————————————————

(Also Vincent's 'I love you' was in a platonic way)

Anyways sorry if you guys didn't like the twist that much a lot of you guys had a lot of good ideas but this just looked really angsty in my head and I'm bad at writing angst 😃👍