Something to make you feel better

A little short but I like it. I like to think of Janis doing sweet stuff for Cady when she had a bad day sooo... there you have it xDDD have fun. 

Cady had a bad day. Probably the worst day of her working career to be exact.

The Animal Park was a mess - as per usual in the last couple of weeks -, her co workers are conservative assholes, and on her way home her car had the audacity to break down.

And as if that wasn't enough already, it started raining as she walked down the busy streets of New York the rest of the way.

Fuck. This. Shit.

When she finally arrived at her and Janis' apartment she was soaking wet and freezing to death.

As soon as the door closed Janis came out of the living room greeting her with her standard line.

"Hey you." Cady just smiled back at her, whispering a little ‚hey' before making her way to the bed room. Janis knew Cady didn't wanna talk and pushing her to do so wouldn't make it better. So she went back to the couch and continued the drawing she was working on.

---------------------------

After a shower and throwing on her favorite hoodie - which was actually Janis' - Cady didn't feel any better. Apparently a long, hot shower doesn't solve all your problems.

As she came back to the living room she found Janis laying on the couch drawing something in her sketchbook as always, but as soon as Cady entered the room she looked up, her expression growing soft. She put her sketchbook away, making her way up to Cady.

"Hi" Cady said as Janis pulled her close, wrapping her arms around Cadys waist.

"Hey..." Janis paused for a second while she tucked a strand of Cadys still wet hair behind her ear. "I think you forgot something earlier."

Cady arched her eyebrow in confusion, looking up at Janis questioningly. „And that something would be...?"

Janis slowly leaned in and whispered „This."

Their lips met slowly in a long and soft kiss.

As they pulled away Cady mumbled a little "That. I'm sorry, Love."

"You wanna talk about it?" Janis asked, slowly growing concerned about her girlfriends strange behavior.

"Not really no." Cady let go and went over to the couch letting herself fall onto it.

"I could sleep for a year though."

Janis just looked at Cady. She really did look exhausted. Dark circles under her eyes, and her skin more pale than usual. She just looked done.

After a few seconds of thinking Janis got an idea. She sprinted into their bedroom mumbling that Cady should just stay on the couch and that she'll be back. Cady didn't have any intention to move anyways so she wasn't even complaining.

---------------------------

After what felt like an eternity Cady slowly grew more and more bored, staring at the ceiling, waiting for Janis to come back.

Speak of the devil, Janis came up to Caddie, scooped her up in one quick motion and started to carry her towards the bedroom.

"Jan what are you doing?" She chuckled burying her face into the crook of Janis' neck.

"Oh trust me Caddie you're gonna love it.. Close your eyes."

Cady did as she was told and closed her eyes even though she had no idea where this was going.

Janis came to a stop and gently put her down, placing her hands on Cadys hips, holding her steady so that she didn't fall over.

"Now open them."

Cady slowly opened her eyes and what she saw made her speechless.

The room was dark, only lit by the warm light of fairy lights inside of a blanket fort which was built around their bed, supported by their cupboards and closets. Janis' laptop and some snacks were placed onto the bed while a bottle of Cadys favorite red wine with two glasses were standing on the little nightstand.

"Just a little something to make you feel better." Janis said in a low voice giving Cady a kiss on the cheek.

Cady never built a blanket fort in her entire life. It was always a childhood dream. And here it was right in front of her. She turned to Janis cupping her cheeks pulling her in for a kiss.

"Jan I love it." She squealed not even bothering to hide her excitement.

"There we go that's better." Janis said stealing another quick kiss. "Now that we got you smiling again get in there we got tons of movies to watch."

Cady didn't need to be asked twice as she was already climbing into bed making herself comfortable.

Janis sat down beside her reaching over to fill the wine glasses. She gave one Cady and put her now free arm around her pulling her close again.

"Thank you for this... I love you" Cady stole another sweet kiss from Janis smiling slightly.

"Anything to make you happy, Peanut... I love you too."

Cady smiled taking a sip of her wine while cuddling more into Janis side.

This definitely made her feel better. 

Next one's going to be Caddie doing something sweet for Janis I promise. I hoped you liked this, it's actually based on the idea to make a movie night plus blanket fort with my friends... which didn't happen because covid.

Anyway I hope you liked it and until next time, bye.