Little Notes & Love Letters

Hi I'm back. I don't really know how to describe this one and my thought process behind it sooo just have fun.😂

Moving sucks. It's stressful, exhausting and causes a lot of drama when it comes to getting rid of old things.

But Cady also always takes it as an opportunity to hunt for how she likes to call it "hidden gems". Taking trips down memory lane. It helps her to really start something new. To happily start a new chapter.

Janis and Cady decided to move into a house together. Partly because they got tired of the tiny apartment, they both needed more space to work and they decided to maybe add a little someone to the family.

Cady always wanted a dog.

So Cady found herself sorting things out of the shelves and little drawers. The books they read together over the time, the little souvenirs they collected on their vacations together and all kinds of stuff until she noticed a little box on the very top of the shelf.

With the help of a little stool and standing on the tip of her toes she managed to get it off of it and take a closer look. "Caddie." Was written in perfect cursive on the lid which made her only more curious. She went over to the couch and carefully removed the lid.

On the top there were little pictures of Janis and Cady when they were still in Highschool, Damian always took of them when he found himself third wheeling. The first picture that stood out was a picture of their first Christmas together. They're both standing under a mistletoe, which was placed on the ceiling of Damians living room, sharing a kiss. Cady smiled. It feels like yesterday but also like a lifetime ago. Cady didn't think anything of it until she noticed  the hidden gems She always talks about. Under the photos the box was filled with little notes and love letters.

Yes you heard that right.

Cady always wrote Janis little notes back in highschool to brighten up her days - especially when Janis was sad or in a bad mood - or simply as little daily reminders that she loves her. She still remembers the first note she's ever written to Janis shortly after spring fling. It had to be in there somewhere..

"Whatcha looking at?" Cady was startled by the sound of Janis voice close to her ear.

"JANIS" Cady screeched still trying to calm herself down.

"Gotcha." Janis chuckled. "But really.. what are you looking at?" she asked again sitting down beside Cady taking a closer look on what she's so invested in.

"Remember these?" Cady smiled holding one of the notes between two of her fingers. Janis blushed to her roots "Uhhh yeah.." she paused for a bit putting one arm around Cady "I just couldn't get rid of them... too many memories..."

Cadys heart skipped a few beats. It has been years since Cady had written a note to her. She always thought that Janis would throw them away eventually, but no. Here they are, savely put into a tiny box, as if they were written just yesterday.

Cady looked over to Janis again who's already unfolded one of the longer letters, smiling down at it.

"What does it say?" Cady asked scooting even closer to Janis. It could only be something really embarrassing for her. She knew it. But it made Janis happy so she was more than willing to take the cringe. Janis cleared her throat and started reading.

Dear Jan,

I'm really REALLY bad at writing letters so please don't judge.

I just want to say thank you. For forgiving me, for respecting me and helping me through my darkest times.

Thank you for the many things we did together. Thank you for the many sunsets we watched together, for hugging me whenever I get scared, for the many movie nights and for the best spring fling a girl could ever ask for.

I can't even explain how happy I am that such a beautiful, brilliant and talented work of art like you chose me...

You won't believe me how excited I get whenever I officially introduce you as my girlfriend.

Around you I can be my true self and you make me feel like I am enough.

THANK YOU.

Love,

Cady

P.S.:

Cady was blushing to her roots

Cady was blushing to her roots. Her face was so warm she was afraid to burn holes into Janis hoodie.

"Oh god.. This is embarrassing.."

Janis chuckled blushing a little herself. "It's cute actually. Even though I never got the equation at the end."

"It's proof that I am the one who said 'I love you' first" Looking back at it Cady realised that it was a pretty dumb move to use a math equation to say I love you, considering that Janis just can't do math at all. She still looked at Cady in confusion until Cady folded the paper over revealing:

"THE CRINGE" Cady said putting her hands over her face, hiding the embarrassment she's feeling until Janis took her hands into her own and kissed her softly

"It's brilliant Caddie." She said pressing her forehead against Cadys. "And I love you too... more than you know" after a pause she pulled away. "Now come on we have stuff to do. The new house is waiting for us."

———

It has been a few weeks since Cady and Janis moved into their new house and Janis kind of already forgot about the box again. Little did she know that this was about to change as Janis decided to continue a big project she was working on. She went into her art studio and noticed a little post-it sticking on the upper right corner of the big canvas. As Janis took a closer look she recognised Cadys handwriting saying "To my amazing wife: I Love You <3"  Janis smiled. Even after being together for more than a decade Cady still manages to make Janis blush like a fool and feel like a 17 year old all over again.

She went over to the shelf where the box found it's place after they moved here and put the note inside. Another little reminder added to the collection.

This is it. I hope you like it. This started out as a little scenario my friend and I made up in our heads so I decided to make a story out of it. Plus: I didn't know how to describe the equation so I just decided to draw (???) it😂😂😂.
I hope you enjoyed reading it. As always have a nice day and until next time. Bye☺️