Don't die on me... (1)

This is going to be a little depressing. And to all the people who say "Janis is always the sick one" this one's for you. Now Caddie's sick.😂 Anyways have fun.

Cady had a bad day. Her favorite lion got sick, her boss was pressuring her in taking extra shifts, her co workers still didn't shut up about her being in a relationship with a girl and on top of that she had to go grocery shopping.

Cady absolutely hated grocery shopping. But she had to, because Janis was still at the studio, working on the biggest project she had so far. She was happy for her, but on days like this she wished it wasn't that important.

The only thing that actually cheered her up the tiniest bit was hearing her voice through the her headphones as they talk on the phone. Her voice was soft and got a little more quiet every time she had to concentrate on a paint stroke. Cady always found it adorable.

"So... anything special for dinner?" Cady asked as she walked up the stairs from the train station, up to the busy streets of New York.

"Nope." Janis breathed getting quiet for a second again. "You had the bad day. You choose, and I cook."

Cady smiled. Her mood slightly getting better again until she bumped into a person she wished she would never see in her entire life ever again.

Kelly. Janis lovely ex girlfriend.

They exchanged judging looks and went their ways.

"Peanut? You still there?"

Her attention went back to Janis after a long time of just internally screaming.

"Yeah... yeah. I- I'm here."

"What's wrong?" Cady could hear distantly how Janis put down her stuff, reaching for her phone. Her voice suddenly changing into a worried tone.

"I just met your ex..."

She could practically hear Janis grinning at the end of the line, and she didn't like it. "Which one?"

"Janis please... And you know which one." Janis was on thin ice now. Her story with Kelly was everything but funny. It still upset Cady at times and today she wasn't in the mood for silly jokes about it.

"Make sure to say hi." Janis let out a laugh.

The audacity. "Janis I'm really not in the mood for this shit."

"Oh Caddie come on I'm just kidding." She knew Janis was rolling her eyes.

"Well I just don't think they're funny. Do I have to remind you-"

"Cady we're not going over this again. You know-"

"Well apparently we have to, because you don't- AAAAAAAAAHHHHH"

It went too quick but also in slow motion. One moment the road was there, wide open and safe, the next there were loud noises, acrid smells, and pain that Cady thought she'll never recover from. The last thing she heard was Janis' worried voice frantically saying her name over and over, before her phone smashed onto the ground, and it all went silent.

It all came as a shock, different from what they're showing in movies and novels.

Her head hit the ground, and Cady drowned in an endless field of darkness.

---

Janis was annoyed, but also felt bad. They went over the Kelly topic a million times by now, but it also hurt to know that she's still so insecure about it.

But all of it got replaced by pure terror when she heard a loud crash, and Cadys agonizing scream.

"Caddie?" No answer "Caddie can you hear me?!... CADY ANSWER ME!!" The line went dead and the first tears were making their way down Janis cheeks.

She was terrified. For all that she knew Cady got hurt. Really bad. Cadys parents were in Kenya for more research and she was her only other emergency contact. She had to go through this alone, without even knowing what was going on.

She didn't know what to do so she was putting her colors away and cleaned her brushes, waiting for a call. She hoped it would calm her nerves down but with every passing minute her heart picked up more pace and her anxiety was raging inside of her.

After what felt like hours her phone finally rang.

"Hello?" She asked frantically, hoping that it's about Cady.

"Hello this is Doctor Torres from the Greys Sloan Memorial Hospital. I need to speak with Janis Sarkisian?"

"Yeah- Yeah that's me. Is Cady okay?"

"Your girlfriend was in a pretty severe car accident. We would like you to come around to discuss some things further?"

Janis heart stopped. What is there to discuss? Is she-

"Is she dead." Janis voice cracked at the word 'dead'. Not ready to say good bye to her beautiful girlfriend. Not without one last 'I love you'. She just couldn't lose her.

"She's still in the OR. She's fighting."

That was weirdly comforting for now. She said goodbye to the doctor on the phone and immediately made her way to the hospital.

---

When Janis checked into the hospital Cady was still in the operating room and no doctor who could tell her what's going on was in sight. She sat down on one of the stools in the waiting room and allowed herself to cry. All the worst case scenarios flooding her mind, leaving her shaking in her seat.

"Ms Sarkisian?" She heard a voice in the distance and a hand placed on her shoulder made her almost jump out of her skin.

"Is she okay?" She asked suddenly on high alert.

"She's alive."

Janis let out a sob. Thank god. 

She tried to hold back tears as the doctor explained the damage and complications but couldn't keep them from flowing as they made their way up to Cadys room.

"I give you some alone time."

Janis nodded and thanked her silently, before pushing one of the chairs beside Cadys bed, sitting down beside her.

For a moment, she simply watches her, gazing down at Cadys battered form. Cady always has been so pretty... she still was. The bruises, rashes, IVs and even the breathing tube, couldn't hide how purely, innocently beautiful Cady was.

Janis smiled sadly, tugging a little strand of hair behind her ear.

"I'm so sorry Caddie." There was a lump in her throat making it hard for her to speak. "I love you so much... you're not allowed to die on me... not now... not ever..."

Janis took Cadys small hand into her own, tracing small circles on her soft skin.

"I still have so many plans... I wanna marry you. A beach wedding just like you said. I wanna propose to you in the cheesiest way possible and make you happy until the day I eventually die. And kids... just imagine an adorable mini you. With a big house and two dogs. But I can't do this without you so please... wake up Peanut... I need you." She placed a gentle kiss on Cadys hand. "I don't wanna have a future without you in it."

That's it for now. Second part will be up either tomorrow or on Wednesday. I'm already halfway through with it sooooo... yeah. 

Anyways I hope you liked it, I hope you have an amazing day and until next time, bye.♥️