Don't die on me... (2)

FINALLY I FINISHED IT!!! I'm so sorry the last couple of weeks really kicked my ass. I had job interviews, a work trial and some other stuff... but here you have it, the second part of Don't die on me.

Janis ended up falling asleep on Cadys bedside, crying until she was too exhausted to keep her eyes open.

It was dark outside when Janis woke up. The rain gently tapping against the windows. Under every other circumstances it would've been calming. Janis would've laid in bed, with Cady in her arms, stroking her hair and just listened to the sound of rain and thunder.

But this time the atmosphere was different. The constant high pitched beeping of Cadys monitor mixed with the sound of rain was rather unsettling. Just like a scene in a nightmare on elm street. It quite fit, considering that it felt like a nightmare, worsening second by second. And as soon as Janis thought it couldn't get any worse it proved her wrong.

She took a sip of her now cold coffee she got in the cafeteria, shuddering at the icky taste of it. The shuddery feeling only intensified when the beeping of Cadys heart monitor immensely picked up speed and Cadys body started to shake violently. Similar to what Cady described to her when she had a seizure in high school.

Shit.

Next thing she knew she was pushed out of the room by a nurse as 5 people in white coats rushed into the room. The door closed and the blinds were let down blocking her sight. Not that it mattered. Her vision was blurred by the tears in her eyes which were eventually spilling over, leaving black stains on her cheek.

She couldn't move. Every muscle in her body was stiff like a board. Her chest tightened and eventually she let herself slide down against the wall crying into her knees.

---

After what felt like a lifetime Janis saw a woman out of the corner of her eye, crouching down beside her. It wasn't doctor Torres or any doctor she met before. Beside her was a middle aged woman with long blonde hair, giving her a little smile. It kind of reminded her of Cadys. Gorgeous, contagious and trust worthy.

"Ms Sarkisian?"

Janis turned to look at her, letting out a weak questioning hum. Wiping her eyes to get rid of the last bit of her tears.

"Hey I'm Doctor Robbins, I'm taking care of Ms Heron until Doctor Torres comes back from Surgery. Your girlfriend had a generalized seizure. Now don't worry for now, this is a common reaction to trauma, this one in particular was just a little more intense. Now before you go in there again I kindly ask you to not touch her or any of the machines."

"Why?" Janis asked, of course she's going to do everything doctor Robbins tells her to do but it still confused her.

"The seizure got caused by minor brain swelling. Now to reduce the swelling again we need to cool her body down and slowly heat it up again. It's an easy process but she needs to lay still. Okay?"

"Okay."

Doctor Robbins extended a hand and helped Janis stand up. "Good. Now come on she probably misses you already"

That coaxed a little laugh out of Janis. If she only knew how clingy her girlfriend was in the conscious state.

And there Cady was. Still laying flat on the bed but this time wrapped in cooling blankets and ice packs.

"I said DON'T die on me Peanut..."

It felt weird, not being able to hold her hand or giving her a little kiss on the forehead. She was just sitting there, helpless, staring into space, waiting for Cady to wake up.

---

Cady stirred slowly, moaning as pain radiated throughout her whole body. Her eyes were heavy, and her whole body was weighted down. It was like she was trapped at the bottom of the ocean. Her vision and hearing blurry, making it almost impossible to make out her surroundings.

There were only shifting images, as if someone poured water over a painting, now moving the colors around with a soft little brush.

"Caddie?" a voice in the distance called. "Caddie, love, can you hear me?" it got louder, resounding in her ears like the report of a fired gun ringing. 

She couldn't place that voice. So familiar, yet so strange.

"Mmmh" she fought out a moan, hearing the voice talking excitedly in respond.

Suddenly her cheeks got wet like little raindrops falling onto it. Tears. And then it hit her.

"Janis?"

"Hi" her girlfriend choked out. A sigh of relief following right after.

Her vision slowly got clearer and she saw Janis smiling down at her. Her lower lip trembling, as she tried to hold back tears which were trying to escape her glassy, dull brown eyes. 

Janis looked exhausted. 

Dark circles framed her eyes and her skin almost took on a shade of condensed milk. Her hair was disheveled and she was wearing one of Damians old hoodies. A drastic difference from her usual bold, black and self designed outfits.

"How are you feeling?" Cady felt Janis slipping her soft hand into hers, intertwining their fingers gently. 

"Like shit... What happened?" She asked, trying to remember what got her into this mess.

"You were in a car accident... it was pretty... pretty severe... You were in a coma for 3 weeks and had a seizure along the way." Janis talked quietly. Her lower lip was trembling and her voice was shaking, packed with guilt.

"I'm sorry Cady."

"For what?"

"For not being there... I should've gone to the store it would've been a matter of minutes... and for annoying you with the Kelly thing and..." Janis paused for a second, swallowing thickly before saying, "It's my fault you're here now... please forgive me..."

"Hey.." Cadys voice softened at an instant. "Hey, listen to me. don't blame yourself for that. I wasn't looking before I crossed the street. I basically ran into his car. None of this is your fault."

Janis nodded slowly, wiping her tears with her free hand. Cady doubted that she was believing her but that was a discussion for another day.

"You know what's unforgivable though?" Cady smiled, letting out a little giggle when Janis looked at her in confusion.

"What?"

"I've been awake for more than five minutes now and you haven't kissed me yet."

"Oh really?"

"Really."

"Any chance that I can make it up to you?"

"Yes please."

Janis stood up from her stool bending over Cadys bed side and pressed her lips onto Cadys. One hand was placed on the bed to steady herself and one placed on Cadys cheek, gently tracing her thumb over her cheekbone.

It was soft and sweet, both of them smiling, forgetting the world around them for just a split second.

Janis was the one who pulled away first, just to place a tiny kiss onto the tip of her nose, followed by more tiny kisses placed on every freckle she could find.

Cady squealed at the sensation, a sound Janis missed too much. After one final kiss on the forehead she pulled back again, sinking into her stool with a smile on her face.

"You are forgiven." Cady giggled taking Janis hand again.

"I missed you so much Peanut."

"I missed you too"

They shared another short kiss before there was a knock on the door and doctor Torres greeted them with a warm smile.  

That's it. Idk what to add to this, it's 1am, I'm old, I'm tired, so Imma just end it here. I hope you liked it, I hope you have an amazing day and until next time, bye.♥️