One Call Away

Hi. I couldn't bring myself to write anything long and serious right now because I had some shit to sort out. So here's a little something as an apology/to read until I finish the next part of the "Treat you better" thing.
What would've happened if Cady called Janis after Aarons party? Let's find out.

Cady was lying on her bed, staring at her ceiling. Her halloween dress long forgotten on the floor as she was drowning in her thoughts.

Regina took Aaron back.

How could she? She promised she would help her. Why did Aaron choose Regina over her? Wasn't she good enough?

People frustrated her. The human race is such a weird species. They were a mystery to her. Which is why she was even more thankful that she had Janis in her life... She doesn't seem to understand them either. But she understood her; cared for her. She would never do what Regina did to her today.

She decided to call her. Even though she felt bad because it was late at night, she didn't want be alone right now.
Janis barely sleeps before 3 am so she wasn't surprised that after two rings she heard her beautiful soothing voice at the other end of the line.

"Hey you."

"Hey you." Cady echoed quietly a smile ghosting on her face.

"I thought you were at Aarons today."

Cady bit her lip, trying to hold her tears back again.

"Yeah it kinda sucked.."

"I mean.. I told you parties are just unnecessary."

They both chuckled to themselves and it got quiet for a minute. They were just sitting together in an easy silence they both enjoyed so much.

"Regina took Aaron back." Cady eventually said, her focus shifting from the ceiling onto the window, revealing a clear starry night, the leaves glowing in all of their colorful glory in the moonlight of this autumn night.

"Excuse me what?"

"She took-"

"No no no I heard what you said. But she can't do this to you."

"Jan maybe it was for the best-"

"No. uh uh. no one just hurts my Caddie!"

Her heart skipped a beat. My Caddie. Janis used it a couple of times by now, and it made her feel special every time she heard it.

"Jan it's fine. This one's on me. I shouldn't have trusted her with this. It's not like I have a chance against her."

Janis fell quiet for a minute and there was shuffling on the other line.

"Jan, are you still there?"

"Yeah." Janis said quietly, and there was something in her voice that Cady couldn't quite read.

"Cady you're beautiful. You outshine Regina in various ways. You're kind, funny, smart, just everything someone could ask for. This doesn't mean that you can't stand a chance against her, this just shows that this dickhead doesn't deserve you."

Cadys smile grew with every word Janis said. She always knew what to say to make her feel better. One thing she appreciated the most.

"You really think so?"

"Yes. No one in their right mind would look at Regina twice if they had you."

"Thank you Janis."

"Don't Janis me." She said in fake annoyance before asking "For what?"

"Being there for me."

"I'll always be there for you... in a heartbeat."

"I know. Me too."

Cady hesitated for a second. "Can you stay on the call? I don't really wanna be alone tonight."

Janis chuckled on the other line. "No. But can you open your door for me? It's kinda cold out here."

Cadys brows furrowed in confusion as she stood up and looked out of her window, down onto her front porch.

Janis was standing there wearing her signature green jacket over an oversized shirt and sweatpants, grinning up at her.

"You're crazy art freak."

"I'm aware nerd, now let me in."

And so she sprinted down the stairs, gladly inviting Janis in by pulling her into a bone crushing hug.

"Thank you."

"Any time, little peanut."

And this is it. Again, I know it's short but I didn't have anything to add to this so I decided to just leave it like that. Anyways I hope you liked it, I hope you have an amazing day and until next time, bye.♥️