Will you read something to me?

I wrote this while I was on the train on my way back home today. It's a short but kinda cute little scenario which went through my head so it's just half as long as my normal one shots but hey.. it's something ... enjoy.

Cady always loved to read. Getting lost in new magical worlds, far away from reality. She loved imagining being part of those worlds, being another character in the story, but what she loved most about it was when someone read those magical stories to her. And that particular someone is her girlfriend Janis. She loved cuddling up to her just enjoying her soft angelic voice telling her all about the chosen one who's saving the world. It always makes her forget everything that happened over the day, recovering from the anxiety which comes with nightmares. It simply calms her. The effect it has on Cady is truly unimaginable.

And today was one of those days she's craving exactly that the most. It was a horrible day. Two of the Lions are sick, the Safari park over all was a mess and what really sent her over the edge was a comment she got from a fellow employee. "God can still save you Cady." he said, handing her a flyer for a conversion therapy camp. Cady didn't even know how to react, so she just took the flyer, threw it into the trash can where it belonged and headed home without saying another word.

As soon as the door to the little apartment she shared with Janis closed, the tears started flowing. Even though she got used to homophobic comments or weird stares from older people, she couldn't handle this today.

She let out a tiny sob trying to stay calm but before she knew it, she felt a pair of arms around her waist pulling her into a tight hug and the smell of freshly opened paint and peppermint tea hit her. Cady let out a shaky breath hugging Janis back while she started to softly play with her hair.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Janis murmured, kissing her soft, auburn locks.

Cady shrugged "Just some homophobic asshole on top of a bad day... it's nothing..."

"Clearly not nothing if it makes you cry." Janis said softly, still toying with Cadys hair in hopes that it makes her feel a tiny bit better. "Anything I can do to help?"

"No" Cady said. Even though she knew that Janis would get into a fistfight for her, she didn't want any trouble. Scared that it'll just make it worse.

"Anything I can do to make you feel better?" Janis asked pulling away slightly just to look at Cady. To which Cady responded in a tiny voice "will you just cuddle me for the rest of the day?"

Janis didn't need to be asked twice because next thing Janis did was scooping Cady up like a bride. Cady giggled a little as Janis carried her to bed, laying her down. She crawled into bed next to her, pulling her close and Cady placed her head onto her chest, soaking up Janis' warmth, enjoying the feeling of Janis' fingers softly combing through her hair.

After a while of laying in comfortable silence Cady lifted her head slightly. "Will you read something to me?" Asking for it felt weird. Normally it just happens out of instinct. But Cady needed a good story more than ever in that moment.

Janis just smiled at Cady reaching for the nearest book and started reading in a low soft voice Cady learned to love so much. "Mr. And Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much.."

Cady closed her eyes and smiled slightly as Janis continued to stroke her hair with one hand while she was holding the book with the other. Only stopping the soft motion to flip the pages.

"They were the last people you'd expect to be involved in anything strange or mysterious, because they just didn't hold with such nonsense.."

Cady looked up at Janis smiling slightly. Thankful that she found someone who loves her so unconditionally and tries everything to make her feel better. Even if it's just simply reading a bedtime story. She kissed Janis' cheek and put her head back onto her chest getting a light chuckle and a kiss on the forehead as a response.

Janis continued to read the story and word by word Cady found herself slowly but surely calming down and by the time Harry got sorted into Gryffindor she drifted off to sleep. The last thing she felt was Janis tightening her grip around her and a soft kiss on her forehead, followed by a low whisper "Sweet dreams little Peanut."

Sooo this is it. Useless fluff that came into my head 😂 I hope you liked it and the next one's gonna be longer again😊 As always have a nice day and until next time bye☺️