• | Chapter Twenty-Eight | •

| Some Days Later. . .

The Dance Academy located downtown was toasty and warm compared to the chilling air outside as parents sat huddled in the spacious waiting room by the front office. Christmas tunes blared throughout one of the large dance studios as about ten little girls dressed in black leotards and pink tights danced a simple, adorable routine that Aria taught them while Riley worked out a few kinks.

She was towards the back helping Alana, one of the youngest and tiniest dancers who tended to struggle the most. Alana didn't mind the extra help though, since Riley was extremely patient with her. She knew exactly what to say or do when the young girl was feeling down due to the fact that she was once in this position herself when she first started attending dance classes at the small age of four.

"See? You're getting so good. You'll be ready for the recital in no time." Riley encouraged her, and Alana beamed up at her with her cute little gap donned between her two front baby teeth. "But just remember to straighten your posture when you're doing this dance step, okay?"

She demonstrated, and the young girl easily followed. Riley grinned in approval, then held out her hand for a high five which Alana eagerly responded to.

The music eventually stopped and Aria clapped her hands to get her students' attention. "Okay my little babies, gather round."

Alana gave Riley a quick hug before her tiny feet padded softly across the sleek, wooden floor and her box braids bounced behind her as she went to join the other girls. As Aria talked about some announcements regarding the upcoming Christmas recital and their costumes, Riley relaxed on the long grey couch in the back office while completely immersing herself on her phone. She was in the midst of exchanging a few texts between her and Michael when the girls were finally dismissed for the day, and Aria walked in soon after with an amused expression.

"You've been on that phone more often than usual. You're texting that cute guy who took you on a lunch date a while back?" She teased from the doorway.

Riley made a serious stink face and briskly shook her head, forcing a slew of curse words back down her throat. She went with a more appropriate answer. "No times infinity."

Aria looked at her surprised as she went to sit at her neatly organized desk, then crossed one leg over the other. "How come? He seemed like such a nice guy."

"Far from it." Riley abruptly said without looking up from her phone. She chuckled at a cute, corny text that Michael sent her. "I'm texting someone else. He's a lot better than the other guy I was talking to, trust me."

Aria watched her quietly for a few seconds and noticed the way Riley excitedly bit her lip in anticipation every time the three little dots would appear on her screen where Michael's response would garner. Aria half-smiled when she could see the twinkling in Riley's eyes as her fingers rapidly tapped across the virtual keyboard to send a reply back. Riley eventually looked up when it became too quiet and sheepishly smiled.

"What?"

"You really like him, I can tell." Aria observed. "Your whole face just lights up when he texts you. I wonder how you act when he calls you."

"Like a dumbass." Riley chuckled and Aria laughed. "I've been seeing him for almost a month and I still get butterflies in my stomach whenever I see him or just simply talk to him. That's a good thing, right?"

She nodded. "Most definitely. I hope he's treating you well."

"He is. I thought chivalry was dead and here he comes like a knight in shining armor. He's just... perfect." Riley dreamily sighed and Aria couldn't help but grin.