Day 13: Fall Foliage

Yukiko had a worried look on her face. The stress and bad mood everyone was in felt like a whirlpool, sucking them deeper and deeper into the darkness. She had been on many dangerous missions with her friends the past few days. Slaying demons, shadow creatures, monsters and much more. The fatigue was gaining on them and they weren't able to do anything besides going home and rest, but Yukiko didn't want things to stay as they were right now. She remembered a special place she would always visit during fall when she was feeling down. Filled with determination to help her friends, she went to them, laying on the couch in her living room and put in a motivational stance right in front of them.

"All right, guys. No more moping around! Time to get up, we're going outside!" 
All she received as an answer was a combination of sighs and groans. She rolled her eyes and pulled them all up. They were lumping around like corpses and groaned again as they were forced on their feet. They got dresses and went outside for a walk. She lead them through a forest while enduring all the complaints.

"Where are we even going, Yuki? We're all tired, why are we out here anyways?" Kuro sighed with all of his leftover energy and looked at her with halfway opened eyes. She turned to face him and put his face between her palms and raised his head to look into his jade colored eyes.
"Don't worry, honey. I wouldn't drag you zombies out here for no reason. Just trust me and you will all feel better soon."
She gave him a little kiss on his forehead and winked as she let go of him, but he was to tired to give even a comment let alone comprehend what just happened.
Hibiki patted him on the back and they kept on following their friend.

They followed the pathway in between the trees and arrived at an open field, a shining river in the middle surrounded by the trees in all their different colors. Many of the leafs were already on the ground, creating a carpet of red, orange and yellow. Everyone was speechless of shock and Yukiko felt her pride resting on her shoulders. 
"Told you ya would like it." She said with her hands on her hips.
"This is really beautiful, Yuki, but…" Takumi didn't even want to finish the sentence but Yukiko already knew what was going on. 
It seemed that her friends were in a more devastated state than she expected, but she wasn't ready to give up just yet.

She put on her angry face and puffed her cheeks as she went to a space with more leafs on the ground. Everybody was watching her in awe and she started picking up leafs and throwing them at her friends in bundles. 
"Why! Won't! You! Just! Let! Me! Help! You! I! Am! Worried! About! You! Idiots!"
She exclaimed each word as she threw the leafs at them with all of her strength.
They covered their faces and took on defensive stances while being slapped with the force of nature. But Kuro wasn't one to just take hits and he was the first one to react.
"Why you little!" He said with a motivated smile as he started piling up leafs as well.

Hibiki and Takumi joined them and piled up some leafs to prepare as ammo and started throwing it at each other. All of a sudden, the relaxing trip turned into a leaf war, but it wasn't bad. Everybody suddenly forgot about their fatigue, smiled and laughed as they had their little fight. Almost an hour later they were all heavily huffing and puffing and layed down on the ground with all of their heads opposing each other. They exchanged looks and started laughing again.
"Thank you, Yuki. What would we do without you." Kuro said and smiled at her and she replied with a big smile as well. 
"Anything for you guys."