Day 5: Gardening

With swooshing sounds and glimmering lights, a portal to her homeland, Lylia, opened and she entered it. Every day, Yukiko, the queen of Lylia, would visit her homeland to look after it's people and the flowers. 

It was a kingdom full of almost extinct mythical creatures, Fairies, Elves, Kitsune, small dragons and much more. Here, they were safe, far away from anything that could harm them. Here, they could live together in peace.

The kingdom consists of many different gardens, all created by Yukiko's magic. An underwater garden for the mermaids, a garden surrounding a sacred pond with healing water, protected by the elves and her most favorite one, the Waterfall Garden. 

The garden was basically a big field, seemingly endless, with a bright stoned pathway in the middle, leading towards many waterfalls. Yukiko walked along the pathway and was greeted by many of her people. "Queen Yukiko! Welcome back!" They would say excitedly from the mere sight of their queen. She would greet them with a warm smile and a wave of her hand. 

"Hello, little ones. The garden is as beautiful as ever. I must thank you for all your hard work." A fairy, shining in bright blue light, quickly flew over to her queen and said "But no, my queen! We should thank you! Without your generosity we wouldn't even have a place to call our home anymore!" 
Yukiko responded with yet another big, beautiful smile, causing the fairy to blush hardly and quickly retreat toward a flower field near them.

The flower queen looked at the flowers on the sides of the pathway, Dahlias in many different shades of pink, Bluebells, Hydrangeas, Lilies, Roses and many more. With a quick wave of her hand, a watering can appeared and she started watering the flowers. The sun was shining bright, causing the drops of water to glimmer beautifully in the gentle light of the sun. 

As Yukiko was taking care of the flowers, she could feel a presence coming closer. Without even turning around, she already knew who it was. "Alvira, what brings you here?" 
"That's harsh, my queen" the elf lady laughed. Yukiko got up and turned around to give her old friend a hug. "I am simply joking. You know I am always happy to see you."  Alvira smiled and put her hands forward in an offering gesture to take the watering can off her friend's hands. "I already know why you're here. Just give me the can and I'll help the fairies. After all, this is the biggest of all gardens and you have somewhere else to be, right?"

Yukiko wanted to decline her offer but she knew better than that. No matter how many times she tried, Alvira could never be brought to back down on her offerings to help her friend. So she simply accepted and gave the watering can to the elf. "Thank you, Alvira. I suppose the other elves are already on their way?" 
"Yes, you have nothing to worry about. Now, now, you should be on your way." Yukiko nodded and after the elf bowed down lightly to say goodbye, they parted ways.

Yukiko followed the pathway until it lead to another, dark blue one, made out of Lapislazuli and leading towards an entrance between two waterfalls. It was covered in vines, which disappeared into the ground as she got closer. The entered the cave. A thin stone passage in the middle, surrounded by shining water lead towards a stone well. The walls of the cave had a dark color but were covered in glimmering crystals, lighting up in some sort of rhythm to light up the cave every few seconds.

The went to the end of the pathway and layed down on the stairs to the well. The rested her head on the edge of the stone well and reached towards the water in it. Tapping it with her fingers in a special melody. 
'One,two,three…..one,two,three…..one,two,three….one,two,three,four….' She mumbled to herself. As soon as she finished, a square stone block arose from the middle of the well, with a golden flower in the middle. She formed her hands to a cup and poured some of the water on the flower, causing it to glow in a bright light for a short time. 
'You're alive. I'm glad' she thought with a happy smile.

"Hey, it's me, again. So many things have happened since I visited earth. You should get comfortable because this will be a long night."