Chapter 22 - "Final curtain..."

Cabir's words make me ball my fingers at once.

"Take it easy, Mr Cabir Murthy. You will definitely come to know about my family. About me and most importantly about my sister. But not now. First, let me weaken your base a bit more. Let me shake your beloved sister's life a little more. Then you will see my real face. You will see the consequences of your sins. But not so soon."

I mutter in my mind. Although I plaster the grin on my lips throughout the time.

"Umm...Cabir I love to introduce you to my sister. But unfortunately, she is not at home right now. For counselling she is staying with her Dr. As soon as she returns, I will introduce her to you. I hope it won't be a problem."

I continue with my honey-coated voice.

"Not at all. Don't be so formal. It is just my request. Nothing immediate requirement. By the way, Manik you are from Mumbai only? Your parents and other relatives...?"

I know Cabir is trying to enquire about my background. He wants to be sure before giving full consent to this relationship. But he doesn't know that relationship of hatred and revenge don't need any consent. It comes with our past sins.

"It's too late to be concerned about it, Mr Cabir. You can't save your sister and you from my hatred."

My bitter mind utters silently.

"Yes...I am from Mumbai only. I and my sister lost our parents at a very tender age. You can say we both are our parents to each other. In this case, we were just like both of you. But unfortunately, we didn't have any Ajja to take care of ourselves. Harsh life taught us everything. We stumble and then we rise again. We are each other's strength as well as weakness."

I sound a bit emotional because I state the truth.

"You love your sister a lot...right?"

Cabir asks with a smile. My eyes flicker.

"As you love yours. One scratch on her....I can burn the world."

My voice shivers. Thankfully Nandini intervenes otherwise I would have busted out.

"Manik, you need my signatures...right? Give me the papers. Because I have to go with Bhai after that. Murthy Creations is going to organize a fashion show and Bhai needs my help...for the first time. Bro, honestly tell....is it a kind of boost up to my low esteem?"

Nandini frowns at her brother. Cabir wobbles in denial.

"Not at all. I have no doubt on your talent and I know how ELYSIAN is gradually growing high. I really need your advice on this. And I am ready to hire you professionally with all procedures if you want."

He raises his hands in defeat. Nandini giggles.

"This is for the first time I am giving you 100% rebate. But for the next time, I will demand my fees for sure. No bro-sis consideration."

She giggles out and Cabir shows thumps up. In between, I push the papers to her and she keeps on signing it without checking the papers. She signs on the power of attorney paper too. My work is done.

"Congratulations, Nandini. You just hammered the last nail in your coffin."

My evil mind congratulates her.

........................................................

A week past. In between, I couldn't concentrate on my work and office fully because of Bhai's fashion show. However, I know Manik is there to take care of everything. Presently I am sitting in Bhai's cabin and he is very conveniently vanished from there putting all the burdens on my tender shoulder. I purse my lips while shading the drawing. Bhai wants me to design the show stopper's dress and I am doing the same. Suddenly my mobile rang. Unmindfully I pick it up.