Chapter 38 - "Captain America..."

"Indian but not tourist. Actually, I came for a business trip. The meeting has been delayed; so, thought to roam around for some time and check on some Spanish dishes but...I think I should have learnt at least some Spanish food names before coming. At least I wouldn't have felt so helpless."

I sound hapless. She giggles at my puppy face and replies,

"Yes, I think you should have. Spanish, I mean Español is the most spoken language after English all over the world and surprisingly it is one of the easiest languages to learn. If you spent only 15 minutes a day and try to learn it for at least 1 month; I can guarantee you...you will learn more or less 250 words and start to communicate with the basic level."

She snaps her finger to confirm. I chuckle and approve,

"Okay, next time, I will definitely follow your instruction but for now can you help me out? I am really hungry and thirsty."

I purse my lips. She seems a bit embarrassed.

"So sorry. I started my lecture on language before helping you out. Come, let's sit and order something. Even my little boyfriend is being impatient for his Arroz con leche."

Surprise beams in my eyes. She notices it and giggles out,

"I mean rice pudding."

We three near the vendor hut and occupy a small table. The little boy was not being able to sit on the chair. I pick him up and make him sit on it. He is so soft. The babyish smell of his body fills my heart with an uncanny feeling. I ruffle his hair and smilingly say to the lady,

"No...my expression was not for the food name. You said your boyfriend but I can't see any other guy around."

I look here and there to spot any handsome guy who is maybe observing us from a distance. She again giggles and wobbles in denial,

"My boyfriend is here only. He....Maan. My little cute boyfriend."

She reaches the little boy's cheek and pecks it affectionately. In return, he wipes his cheek with an annoyed pout and for the first time I hear his voice,

"Mimi...your liptick...no." (Mimi...your lipstick...no)

We both giggle at his cute anger. He doesn't like the lipstick marks on his cheek.

"So, you are Mimi."

I ask with a smile. She wobbles in negative and says,

"No, Maan calls me Mimi. I am Soha. Soha Khurana. He is my friend's son. Now, let me choose your food before you faint with hunger..ha..ha. What do you like to have, Mrrr...?"

She stretches the word Mr as she wants to know my name.

"Manik Malhotra. You can order anything. I have no specific choice but please order a beer. That is more important."

I smilingly tell. She calls an attendant and orders two beer, a rice pudding and a chicken sandwich. I ask her to take something for her but she refuses by saying that she is not feeling hungry. Now, I turn my attention to the little boy. This boy has a unique quality. Unlike other kids, he is very calm and reserved.

"So, Mr Maan, you like rice pudding. What else do you like, champ?"

I try to break the ice. He wipes his mouth with the tissue like an adult and replies with gravity,

"Avangers, Mimi, Budhy and Mummum...and (he takes some time to decide) Dooing (Drawing)"

"Wow, Champ! Our choices are very similar. Even I love drawing. But who is this Budhy?"