Chapter 54- "Broken love..."

It exactly happened what I feared. Arya's penetrating eyes are not leaving my face. Why do I feel that he knows everything before I tell?

"Tell me, Nandini who is he?"

The repetition of his harsh words breaks my chain of thoughts. I have no option left. It's the end of this secrecy. I take a deep breath and part my quivering lips. Only then, a Chelpark blue Ferrari enters the garden. Arya and I both turn our inquisitive eyes at it. Who has come? Neither Arya nor Soha has any friend who is so rich to afford this million priced sports car. My forehead has wrinkles of confusion. But it only lasts for some minutes. In the next second, a person opens the car door and places his foot on the ground. I observe he is wearing equally expensive Gucci shoes. Manik comes out of the car and buttons his black blazer. My heart skips its beats. Not only for this surprise but also for his dapper appearance.

"When will he stop looking so fiery hot?"

My blatant mind whispers. I glare at her. But before I could react, Arya gets up from the garden chair and approaches Manik who is now standing in front of the main door of the house in a purposeless way.

"Hello, Mr Malhotra. Thank you so much for coming. Your Champ is eagerly waiting for you."

Arya nears Manik and greets him cordially. Manik stretches his hand for a handshake. I can see the bright smile on his face. Wait! Does that mean Arya has invited him?

"Exactly!"

My over smart mind answers. I am still moored to my chair as I am completely blank about my reaction. But my subconscious mind definitely alerts me,

"It's not going to be smooth for me tonight."

Because of the darkness, Manik probably couldn't locate me. Arya rectifies it perfectly.

"Nandini, look who has come!"

He flips and addresses me. Now, I have to react. With great difficulty, I muster my fleeting thoughts and rise from the seat. As I reach them Arya continues with great enthusiasm,

"You were worried about him....right? Look at him. Absolutely fit and fine."

Arya looks at Manik and adds,

"Actually, she was guilt-ridden for not being with you during your discharge process. But it was my mistake. I have thrown this party in such a short time that she couldn't manage it. After all, she is the main party organiser...ha...ha."

Arya side hugs me while laughing in a friendly manner. My eyes fall on Manik's face. There is suppressed fire in his eyes.

"Arya, please! Don't make it more complicated for me."

I chide inwardly. Manik smirks at me and retorts,

"Thank you, Ms Murthy, for your concern. I won't lie that I was not expecting you in the nursing home but you know too many expectations always disappoint us. Anyway...."