Chapter Sixteen

"In my defense I just found out now." Peter and Sirius said at the same time. Remus started laughing.

"Why do you find this so amusing?" Sirius asked annoyed.

"Wait, so he really is your son?" Harry said.

"Yes." Sirius said pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Well Harry this makes you my god brother." Peter stated. There was an uncomfortable silence.

"I'm going to go upstairs." Peter said as he tried to slip out of the room.

"Oh, no you don't get back we're not done talking about it." Harry said firmly.

"What do you want to know, Harry?" Peter asked with a sigh.

"No, I did not know he was my father before I came here. How would I? And yes he knows about my spider thingy. And if you really wanted to know I was a squib before I was bitten. And now I will shut up." Peter rambled.

"How are you in Gryffindor? Sirius' whole family was in Slytherin?"

"Can you stop being prejudiced? Not all slytherin are evil." Peter said.

"Not all evil? Did you fall and bump your head? You know who was a Slytherin, so was my deranged cousin and half the pure blooded families. How could you say they're not evil?" Sirius demanded.

"Because they're not, Peter Pettigrew was a Gryffindor and he was evil." Peter shot back. Sirius glared at his son and refilled his glass with fire whiskey.

"Name me one good person who was in Slytherin." He said picking up his glass.

"Regulus Black." Peter blurted out causing Sirius to spit out his drink yet again.

"What did you say?"

"You heard me." Peter said, folding, his arms.

"I think I would know my brother better than you would, young man. He was a death eater."

"And you haven't made mistakes? I make them all the time and have to live with the guilt afterwards. Uncle Regulus never wanted to become a death eater, he was forced into it." Sirius was silent.

"Ok, I'm going to go." Harry said awkwardly heading for the door.

"You stay where you are." Sirius ordered.

"Ok." Harry said slowly plopping down on a chair.

"Not sure what I'm supposed to be doing, but ok. Remus do you know where I could get some popcorn?" Harry joked. Remus quickly conjured a bucket of popcorn only for Peter to web it out of his hand.

"This is supposed to be serious."

"I know it is." Sirius said grinning.

"Shut up, dad."

"Peter, that's no way to talk to your father." Remus said disapprovingly.

"And who are you supposed to be? My disapproving uncle?" Peter asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Why don't we all settle down." Harry said rising from his spot.

"Stay out of this Harry." Sirius and Peter said at the same time.

"You asked me to stay here." Harry pointed out.

"You know what? I'm leaving." Peter said angrily storming out of the room.

"That went well." Remus said dryly. Sirius began muttering stuff under his breath and poured himself another glass of fire whiskey.

"Sirius."