Chapter Sixty

As soon as Peter exited the Great Hall, he instantly regretted what he had said and how
he broke up with Gwen. Everywhere Peter turned he felt like the vultures were going to swoop down and attack him at any moment. Fearing for his life, Peter ducked into a hidden passageway and changed into his animagus form.

Four days later...

"The moment he gets down here I'm going to kill him." Jackson said. He began pacing the entrance of the dorm stairs.

"That's the girls' dorm." Dean pointed out.

"It is?"

"Are we even sure he's still alive up there?" Lucas inquiried. Everyone gave him a look.

"What? He's been in bed and  hasn't showered in four days. It smells like a dead animal up there." Lucas stated, trying not to gag.

"You're over exaggerating." Tyrone said.

"I've been sleeping on the couch. How has no one realized that I've been homeless?" Lucas asked. 

"We were uh, busy."

Before Lucas could answer Seamus came over to them.

"Dean, Lucas have you noticed a strange smell coming from your room? It smells like something died in there." He said, making a face.

"He's right." Ron piped up.

"The entire boys dorm smells." Neville added.

"Nothing new. That's usually what a boys dorm smells like." Malia stated.

"This is a new level." Seamus said. Malia stood at the bottom of the boys dorm and had the urge to throw up.

"Oh Merlin, that is horrible." She gagged.

"What are we going to do about the smell?" Dean inquired after he quickly casted a bubble head charm to block out the smell.

The entire common room broke out into pandemonium. The smell was beginning to spread and it wouldn't be long before it reached outside Gryffindor tower. Malia conjured a gas mask and made her way up the stairs.

When the door burst opened to the room in question, Peter sat up terrified.

"No please, I'm not sick! I don't need to be quarantined!" He said frantically. Malia yanked off his covers knowing full well this could've gone horribly wrong, grabbed his arm and started dragging him towards the door.

"No! Please! I'm fine!"

Malia ignored him and continued to push past several Gryffindor boys who immediately clamped a hand over their noses.

"Bloody hell, Peter, what's that smell?" Ron gagged. Peter gave him a confused look.

"This is the boys bathroom." An annoyed seventh year said. Malia ignored him and headed straight towards the shower. The next thing Peter knew was that he was pushed into the shower. The ice cold  water turned on startling him. With a flick of Malia's wand his shampoo and soap bottles floated over to him.

"Malia what the hell?" Peter said angrily. Malia ripped off her gas mask livid.

"Oh I'm sorry I interrupted whatever was going on in that room! I was too busy cleaning out the barn you call a dorm room!"She snapped her hair turning a dangerous shade of red.

"What are you talking about?"

"You smell like a dead animal."

"Dead animal?"

"You've been in there for four days! What do you think was going to happen, you blithering idiot?" She exploded.

"I don't want to talk about it." Peter grumbled.