Chapter Fifty Six

"What were you thinking?" McGonagall demanded.

"He obviously wasn't." Snape said bluntly. Peter glared at the former potions Professor.

"Why are you even here?"

"Mr. Black, that is no way to talk to one of your professors." McGonagall said disapprovingly.

"He's not even the head of my house and he's had it out for me since day one."

"That's still no way to talk to your Professor."

"Ok, I'll be nice even though he's turned into the exact thing he's never wanted to be." Peter grumbled.

"Mr. Black." McGonagall said sternly.

"Ok, fine one I'm sorry. Besides I don't see why you're making a big deal about what I did."

"Not a big deal." Snape said, throwing down a copy of that day's Daily Profit.

Mysterious Feet Appear in Hogwarts for a Second Time

"I could see why that's a problem." Peter said, scratching his head.

"You know who already knows about one of your abilities, does he need to find out about a second?" Snape asked dryly.

"Again, why do you even care?"

"Mr. Black."

"What? I'm just asking."

"He is one of your professors and he's taking your safety very seriously. What if you know who found out about the prophecy?" McGonagall asked.

"Prophecy? What prophecy?" Snape demanded.

"You know what, never mind. Of course there's a prophecy about you."

"Yeah we'll it ain't all fun and games." Peter said.

"Just wait until you find out I'm running a top secret organization in the chamber of secrets." He muttered under his breath.

"What was that, Mr. Black?" Snape inquiried.

"Uh, nothing." Peter said quickly.

"If I were you I'd tread very carefully you're on thin ice as it is." Snape warned.

"What else is new?" Peter said dryly.

"Behave, Mr. Black." McGonagall interrupted. 

"You know if you keep at it I'm going to be late for class."

They both glared at him causing Peter to start shifting in his seat uncomfortably.

"Is that all, Professor?" He asked, directing his question to McGonagall.

"Yes, that'll be all." McGonagall said. As Peter made his way out of the office he could've sworn he heard Snape say:

"This is not over."

"There you are." Lucas said, adjusting his sling.

"You ok?" Peter asked.

"Am I ok? I'm doing quite dandy after someone decided to take a jog across half the school windows leaving me to get trampled on." Lucas said sarcastically.

"Well if I remember correctly you tried to sell the mysterious feet." Peter said.

"That made no sense." Dean said.

"What are you talking about?" Jackson asked, confused.

"About what class we have next." Peter stated looking down at his schedule. He instantly let out a groan.

"This is great, just great."

"I'm guessing from Peter's reaction we have the grease factory next." Tyrone said.

"Unfortunately." Peter grumbled.

"What are you so upset about?"

"The grease machine and I are not on great terms."

"You know with all the nicknames that you keep calling him I could understand why you're not on great terms." Dean stated.

"That's the reason." Peter argued as they entered the dimly lit class room. Less than a minute after Peter found a seat the door flew open and Snape walked in. Everyone was expecting Snape to start teaching instead he picked a piece of parchment and began reading off of it.

"It seems that you've had your fair share of incompetent Professors." He began in his usual monotone.

"Why is this turning into a history lesson?" Ron asked in a whisper.

"Be quiet, Ronald." Hermione hissed.

"Your last year was a disaster. Three Professors? Not one, but three. There's going to be plenty of catching up this year because two  of those Professors were complete imbeciles. Except Professor Bakshi. He's the only one who had the decency to teach you normally." Snape rambled.

There was a loud snort followed by canned laughter.

"Who dares to interrupt my class?" Snape demanded.

"I could see where they went wrong. Hiring you to replace me? That monotone voice of yours could put me to sleep. Then again that grease of yours would probably keep me awake. I'd be struggling to hold my balance." A snide voice in the back of the room said.

"Odinson, what are you doing here?" Snape inquiried.

"To watch you bore my students to death." Loki snickered.

"The reason why you were fired was because you couldn't keep yourself in line." Snape said, highly irritated.

"I'm the god of mischief. Keeping myself in line is out of the question." Loki said bluntly as he got up from his chair.

"So, what do you have planned for today? Well we're not in potions so we can't have you teach them a highly advanced potion called shampoo."

Snape narrowed his eyes at him.

"You think you're some sort of comedian." He said coldly.

"If there were any more ice in that tone I could build a snowman."

"Would you let me get back to my lesson?" Snape snapped.

"Why of course." Loki said just as the bell rang. Snape's face began to turn various shades of purple.

"Tune in tomorrow for: Snape Loses His Temper."

"Just get out of my classroom." Snape ordered utterly infuriated.

"Will do, just make sure no one slips on your grease on their way out." Loki chuckled.

I'm back with yet another update! Sorry it took so long. I've been having trouble getting this chapter written and I wanted to make it as funny as possible. Still trying to figure out what's going to happen next so, stay tuned. I have no idea when I'm going to update next.

Hope you enjoyed!

Rita