Chapter Fifty Eight

"What do you mean you're quitting quidditch?" Harry asked, following Peter into the Great Hall. The chatter around the Great Hall fell to a stunned silence.

"Yes, Harry. Say it a little louder." Peter said sarcastically causing an outbreak of mermers to ripple through the Great Hall.

"But you can't quit quidditch, you're the best we've got." Harry argued.

"Thanks a lot, Harry really feeling the love over here." Katie Bell said dryly.

"Look Harry, you don't need me. Ginny is a future international star and you have Lucas who could probably make the transition from seeker to chaser if he tried hard enough. Not to mention you could use William. He's an excellent backup. And if you were wondering about keepers, pick Ron over Mclaughlin. Mclaughlin's horrible." Peter stated sitting down next to Jackson and Lucas.

"You're not disposable, Peter." Ginny said.

"What she means is if we have any chance of winning the cup we need you."

"I don't get it. What's changed so much in a year?" Peter inquired.

"More than you realize. Hufflepuff is a serious contender thanks to Dudley trying out for beater. Between him and James they're an unstoppable force." Harry replied.

"Look, Harry. I just have a lot on my plate this year." Peter said, trying not to get ticked off.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Lucas asked.

"It probably has to do with the fact that every other minute someone is trying to kill him and for once it's not Harry." James piped up plopping down in a seat next to his twin. They all gave him a look.

"What? Haven't you noticed that Peter's on someone's hit list?" James replied, taking a piece of bacon off his twin's plate.

"That was mine." Lucas whined.

"And you weren't eating it." James answered calmly, stuffing it into his mouth.

"According to whom?" Lucas demanded.

"You guys disgust me." Malia said, making a face.

"Tell me about it." Jackson said.

"Stay out of this, Nott. No one asked you." Malia said annoyed.

"Am I the only one who's noticed that Peter has a serious death wish?" James inquired, reaching for another piece of bacon. Lucas slapped his hand away.

"That is my food! Go back to your table."

"Will you two stop acting like overgrown children?" Malia asked with a sigh. The twins looked at each other and shrugged.

"Sometimes I wish I was an only child." Malia muttered.

"Can we get back to the matter at hand?" Harry demanded.

"What? The one fighting Voldemort?"

"No, the fact that Peter is leaving."

"You're making it sound like I'm leaving, never to return. Where do you think I'm going? Ilvermorny? Dumstrang? Beauxbaton?" Peter asked, slightly agitated.

"Wait, Peter's switching schools?" Seamus asked, surprised.

"No,you idiot, he's just quitting quidditch. Is everyone in Gryffindor a bunch of brainless morons?" Malia asked exasperated.

"Guys I'm done talking about this." Peter said annoyed. He stood up abruptly and stormed out of the Great Hall.

"Dibs on his bacon." James said,grabbing Peter's plate.

"You're such a pig." Malia said disgustedly.

As Peter made his way to his secret base the murmurs kept following him.

"Oh will you guys shut up already? You're making it seem like I died." He snapped, causing two third years to run off terrified.

"What's gotten your wand in a knot?" Gideon asked the moment he stepped off the elevator.

"Apparently I died." Peter replied.

"Well you look very much alive to me." Gideon stated.

"I know, now tell that to everyone upstairs." Peter said. Peter did his usual run through. His last stop was the interrogation area where Bucky was being held.

"Has he cracked yet?" He asked.

"Not quite yet sir." Agent Todd replied.

"Has Cap been in there yet?" Peter inquiried. They suddenly heard yelling from inside the room.

"What are you supposed to be the good cop? Why don't you send that sixteen year old in here? Maybe he's worth a shot." Bucky snarled.

"We'll, I guess he's all yours." Gideon said, pushing Peter forward.

"But I've never done an interrogation before. Like ever." Peter protested.

"I'm sure Cap could use your help." And with that Gideon shoved Peter into the interrogation room.

"Hi, Cap. Bucky." Peter said awkwardly.

"For someone who's supposed to be incharge you look like you're going to wet your pants." Bucky sneered.

"I always did like your sense of humor." Peter said sarcastically.

"Of course they had to send in someone from your kind in here." Bucky spat.

"My kind?" Peter asked, confused.

"You think I don't know about your kind? Try being the only one in your family not able to do magic."

"Magic? Wait, your family are wizards and you never told me?" Steve said.

"It's called a statute of secrecy for a reason which this idiot broke." Bucky gesturing to Peter.

"Well I guess your memory is intact." Peter said.

"Why does this have to do with my memory?" Bucky demanded.

"We wanted to see how much of your former self you remembered. Turns out you remember a lot." Peter said calmly.

"Ten galleons he'll punch him in the face." They heard Fred absentmindedly say over the intercom.

"You know we could hear you." Steve said.

"Oh so that's what that button does." Fred said.

"How many clowns do you have working for you?" Bucky asked, raising an eyebrow.

"That is none of your concern." Peter stated.

"Typical pureblood."

"I am far from a pureblood."

"Isn't your motto 'Always Pure'?" Bucky asked.

"I'm far from pure. Wait a minute, how do you know my family's motto?" Peter demanded putting his hands down on the table, leaning forward.

"If you're trying to scare me, kid you're doing a terrible job at it." Bucky said bluntly.

"Just answer the damn question." Peter snapped.

"You're not the only one who has Black family blood running through their veins." Bucky said disgustedly.

"Interesting plot twist, right Forge?" Fred said.

"Yes indeed." George replied.

"I told you to turn off the intercom." Peter yelled.

Its finally up! The long anticipated chapter is finally up! Sorry folks it took soooo long, but as they life happens. I can't promise I'd be able to get the next chapter up quickly. So for now enjoy this one.

Also thank you @BJack998 for giving me the idea to make Bucky part of the Black family.

Hope you enjoyed!

-Rita