Chapter Forty Eight

As much as Peter tried to convince Harry that it was a trap, the boy who lived wouldn't listen.

"How many times do I have to tell you, it's a trap?" Peter asked exasperated as they walked down the aisle in the Department of Mysteries.

"Last time something like this happened you didn't say anything and someone ended up dead. So, why should I listen to you?" Harry demanded.

"Because it's a trap." Peter almost yelled.

"Oí, Harry, this one has your name on it." Neville said, pointing to an orb on one of the many shelves.

"And this one has your name on it, Peterkins." Draco stated.

"You've been hanging out with the Weasley twins way too much." Peter said, shaking his head. Draco shrugged.

"Can someone explain why we're here?" Cedric asked.

"We're looking for Sirius and Remus." Harry replied, reaching over to pick up the orb.

"It's a trap! This is how you got my dad killed the first time now you want to drag Remus into this?" Peter demanded. Harry stared at him in surprise.

"I got your dad killed the first time around?"

"Yes this is the same exact scenario as last time only this time you decided to drag Remus into this mess. Gah, why can't you ever listen to me?" Peter snapped. His face fell when he saw Harry holding the crystal ball.

"You just had to pick it up."

"Why? What's so bad?" Harry asked innocently.

"Good, now hand it here, Potter." Lucius Malfoy ordered.

"I told you it was a trap." Peter yelled.

"Hello, father." Draco sneered.

"So this is the group you choose to be with? Mudbloods and blood traitors." Lucius said in disgust.

"I'd side with them over you any day." Draco said. Harry gave them the signal and everyone shot off different spells. Chaos erupted as Peter dodged the oncoming spells. He found himself battling Yaxley and...

"Rumlow, I should've known." Peter spat, blocking their weak attempts to maim him.

Brock Rumlow gave Peter a smirk.

Peter and Harry soon found themselves face to face with the Death Eaters who were holding their friends hostage.

"Hand me the prophecy, Potter." Lucius said.

"Don't listen to him, Harry." Neville yelled. Bellatrix dug her wand deeper into Neville's neck.

"Let them go." Peter said firmly.

"Oh hello itty bitty Black. The dark lord has big plans for you." Bellatrix snickered. Peter gave her a disgusted look.

"You could tell the lord of daddy issues to go to hell." He spat.

"How dare you call him that, you filthy half blood." Bellatrix screamed, throwing Neville to the ground. She ran towards Peter madly with her wand aimed at him.

"Get away from my godson." Remus and Sirius ordered. Sirius punched Lucius in the face while Remus fired a powerful stunner at the deranged witch. Bellatrix blocked it and tried to fire a crucio at him as the other order members apparated into the room. A powerful shield formed around Remus blocking it.

"How is that even possible?" A Death Eater asked surprised.

"They don't call me the God of Mischief for nothing." Loki said, lowering the shield.