Chapter Ten

"Did any of you put your name in the goblet of Fire?" Dumbledore asked calmly.

"No." Harry and Peter said at the same time.

"They're lying." Madame Maxime said.

"Do you really think Harry and I would want to participate in a game that has a death toll? You should be asking who put his name in."

"Mr. Parker." Snape warned.

"I'm sick of this. Haven't you realized by now that the past three years of school someone tried to kill Harry? What is wrong with you people?" Peter yelled. Harry stared at Peter stunned.

"That's enough Peter." Dumbledore said firmly. Peter grumbled and began to shift in his chair.

"They can't compete, they're barely fourteen." Someone said.

"We have to because it's basically a contract. The only way for this to end is if there's a winner." Peter said bitterly.

"The boy is right. They have no choice, but to compete." Mr. Crouch said grimly.

"That went well." Peter said dryly once they were on their way back to the common room.

"I can't believe you said that Peter." Harry said, still a little shocked.

"Wow, he finally speaks." Peter said sarcastically, clapping his hands.

"What is the matter with you, Peter? Everyone in there thinks you're a mad man." Harry said angrily.

"Well could you blame me for being mad? Someone is trying to kill you again for the billionth time."

"You ok Peter?"

"Oh I'm quite dandy. Someone blubbering idiot put my name in the goblet of Fire. Of course I'm happy.I'm from the future. I know what happens. Or at least I did. Up until now." Peter said dryly.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked, confused.

"Your name was the only one supposed to be in the goblet of fire. Not mine. Now who knows what's going to happen." Peter said, throwing his hands up in defeat.

"Uh, Peter-"

"Don't ask me about the challenges or who wins because I'm not telling you. I can't mess up the future that much. Oh and for crying out loud when the time comes for the Yule Ball ask Ginny out. Don't be an idiot."

"Um, oh, uh I don't even like Ginny."

"Right and I'm Voldemort." Peter snorted, rolling his eyes.

"You can't tell the Weasleys. If they knew I'd be dead."

"Trust me Ron rather you with her then someone like ferret."

Suddenly Peter stopped short.

"Peter you ok?" Harry asked turning in the direction Peter was looking. On the floor at the end of the corridor was Filch unconious. His hand was bright red. Peter and Harry ran over to him. When they got closer Peter noticed a very familiar dead spider lying on the floor next to him.

"It can't be. How's it get here? What do I do? No! This can't be happening." Peter muttered to himself.

"If you're done muttering over there I can use your help getting him to the hospital wing." Harry said bringing him back to this new reality.

"Oh, right." Peter fumbles his wand.

"Do I need to do everything myself?" Harry asked shaking his head.

"Wingardium Leviosa."

It didn't work.

"Oh my gosh, it's LeviOsa not LeviosA." Peter said shaking his head. Harry stared at him surprised.