sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ

I bite the inside of my lip nervously as I leant against my car, words coursing through my head. I had rocked up to the Diaz's apartment complex, I was scared to walk up to the door. I sighed to myself as I walked over, my heart pumping into my ears.

I reached the door and I stood in front of it my hand up but it wasn't coming down. I dropped it to my side as I looked at the door before looking down to my feet.

"Seriously Beatrice, come on. Knock, stop being a pussy." I mumbled to myself and I looked back up.

I gulped looking at the door, my heart still beating hard against my chest. I sighed, shaking my head stepping away from the door. Just as I go to walk off I turned around and I see Miguel turning around the corner, I went to move out of his sight but I was too late when he looked up shocked to see me.

"Bird?" He asked, frowning and coming to a stop a couple metres away, "What are you doing here?"

"I-uh, I came here to see you."

"Why?"

"You deserve an explanation as to why I've been M.I.A and an absolute dick towards you." I said, gulping and he stares at me. It looked like he was trying to see if I was lying, he pursed his lips before nodding his head.

"Let's go inside." Miguel says and I nodded, he walked past me to his door.

He opens it, walking in first before holding it open for me and I send him a small smile walking in. I get in and he closes the door, dropping his bag on the floor before turning to look at me crossing his arms across his chest.

"I just wanted to make this quick and then I'll leave." I said, and he doesn't say anything so I kept going, "I'm sorry, for what you witnessed that night and for what I said at the hospital. I was going through it and I'm not one to talk about how I feel, but I'm working on it. You didn't deserve any of the shit I put you through."

"I sure as hell didn't deserve that. What happened to you?"

"I-I don't know exactly how to express what I'm feeling, I don't know how to do any of that shit. So, I bottle everything up and I find the next best thing which is to drown my sorrows and that's what I did. I admit it wasn't the brightest idea-,"

"It wasn't. What the hell were you thinking?" Miguel says, and I see him now frowning making me swallow the lump in my throat.

"I run from my problems, I always have because facing them head on means feeling and I hate that. It hurts to feel so it's better if I don't."

"Why didn't you message when you came out of the hospital?"

"There isn't any reason." I said, shrugging my shoulders, "I was focusing on myself and knowing how to properly work on my feelings."

"No, that's not it. You can fool anyone else with that excuse but not me Beatrice." Miguel says shaking his head, "Do you realise how fucking worried I was? The-you called me. You called me, that conversation was imprinted in my brain." I see his expression change as he thought of that night, blinking his eyes free from tears.

"Miguel-,"

"I couldn't hear anything, you were slurring so much and I knew you were drunk. I had this fear in my heart you were with Ace and I asked for you to tell me where you were. You managed to work how to send your location after me pestering you for 10 minutes. You were an hour out but I was going to make it." Miguel says a laugh slipped and that's when I saw him start to cry, "You then started crying about your brother and how you couldn't live without him, then you stopped talking. You said his name and the line went dead. I called out to you but you didn't answer and that's when the fear took over my body."