ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

"You can't stay in bed all day." Marley says standing at my door.

"Watch me." I said, and she sighs walking in sitting beside me. I looked at her and she gives me a sad look.

"Look, it's been a couple days. You've been in your room haven't talking to anyone."

"There's no point in talking."

"Why not? Because you and Robby had a fight?"

"It wasn't just a fight."

"Then what? What did you two fight about?" She asked and I sighed sitting up, fiddling with my fingers.

"We fought about Miguel."

"What about him?"

"Robby accused me of feeling something for Miguel, because I was at his house instead of coming to Robby. I- just I couldn't be home and I didn't want to talk to anyone. I just found out that this whole time my father was alive, and my grandmother knew. I was driving and driving, I wasn't intentionally supposed to be there but I just was." I said, stumbling over my words before scoffing, "I-I don't know, okay."

"Can we just be honest for a second here?" Marley says and I looked at her, "You can keep denying it all you want, but you do feel something for Miguel. And as much as you like Robby, you like Miguel too."

"But I can't, I can't possibly feel anything for Miguel. We're best friends and with Robby, it's different. I knew I had liked him from the moment he had stayed beside me."

"And so was Miguel, even before that. Miguel was one of the first people you had started opening up about anything that had to do with your past, you never did that before." She says and I bite the inside of my lip.

"It's just so easy to, I mean he was just this new kid who stumbled into my life along with Robby. With Robby, everything was perfect he helped me, he didn't rush me into anything, he was there." I said and I looked back down, "And with Miguel, he's been there too. I can talk to him about anything, he makes me feel safe. I can never shake him from my mind."

"Then what's wrong? You like him."

"You can't love two people, if you really loved the first one you shouldn't be thinking of someone else." I said, and I looked up at her with tears in my eyes, "I can't lose them both, I can't lose anyone else."

"Then you're going to have to choose and I know it sucks, but know I'll be with you every step of the way." Marley says and she holds my hands, "Now, let's go downstairs because you have a grandmother to talk too."

"Marley-,"

"No, you just said you can't lose anyone else. Your grandmother has looked after you since you were a kid, yeah she didn't tell you about your father but you gotta see it from her point of view."

"I hate it when you speak like that." I said, sniffling as I wiped my eyes and she chuckles.

She picks me up and we leave the room, I got downstairs to see my grandmother sitting at the table. She hears us and her head perks up, she smiles and once she spots me her eyes go wide before clearing her throat.

"Morning girls." Mimi says and I see her looking at me, I offered her a small smile making her smile lightly.

"I'll get started on food." Marley says, walking into the kitchen and now there was silence between us.

"Bird, you have to know that I didn't mean to keep your dad away from you. I'm sorry, I just thought I was doing you a favour when in reality I was taking away any chance for you to have some normalcy in your life."