Identity

Okay so here is the summary for Komaeda's story: Basically, he has frontotemporal dementia and it causes him to be numb and screwy in the head. This causes him to act in an unpolite and inappropriate manner and do things any normal person would be uncomfortable with. This caused him to lose his only friend, Nanami. Because of this, he goes out and meets Enoshima, from there you learn she is now dead, and Komaeda has her arm. Then Hinata gets called to go to his first therapy meet. 

Warning: This chapter will contain slight mentions of depression and cutting. It will be minimal, but I will warn you before it happens. I will also be spoiling seasons 39 and 11 of Danganronpa.

Hinata's Point of view

Room 37, now where could it be? My eyes were fixated on the signs as I slowly walked through the patient-filled hall. Looking around, it was almost obvious that this place got lots of government funding. The tiles on the walls were a glimmering white, and the carpets were a soft-looking grey. Along each of the walls were these very modern doors that almost made people feel like they would be walking into a little home, but from personal experience, I could easily disprove this theory.

I slightly turn my head to the right and see a pair of elevators. Both had a solid metal frame but had paintings of meadows that seemed to come together when the doors were shut. I slowly walked over to the doors and pressed the down button. Well waiting for the painted meadow to disappear from my vision, my thoughts had run over to Komaeda. He was such an interesting boy. Though he seemed to be someone with an exciting past, it was almost as if he was numbed from all of that pain. He really intrigued me, but I wonder if it was the same for Izuru.

"Izuru, I was wondering what you think of Komaeda-San?" I didn't know why I was asking, but since Izuru was technically a part of me, I needed to know his opinion before I decide my true opinion on my 'feelings' for Komaeda. "Well, Hajime" Kamukura responded, "Komaeda seems very... Interesting. He seems to take life and make it something I have not encountered. Maybe it was his luck, but there is definitely something about him that I crave to know about more."

"I honestly feel the same way. He has a past that almost seems clouded with mystery, and judging by how calm he is, he may be here by choice." Our conversation finished as the doors slowly separated showing the first floor.

This floor looked almost identical to the second one, with the plain white walls that almost blind you take your first step in. The pictures hung on the walls were all of the different families, animals, and even musicians. I slowly walked around looking for a sign, or a map that could direct me.

I had to have gone around like a lost puppy for around seven minutes when I finally found it. A navy blue sign with plain Arial that had directions to my room. It was almost ironic that somewhere that acted so sophisticated to use Arial font. Arial was like the Hallmark movie of fonts. It is what you use if you feel so lazy that making an essay or script to even be somewhat intriguing. That was almost how this whole facility felt. This place tried so hard but gave the building no substance whatsoever for the patients staying here.

I made my final turn and was now officially face-to-face with room 37. The large steel doors matched color with the sign I saw earlier. Beyond this door, I was supposed to become a new person. Here, I was going to be warped into a sense of reality I did not even want to experience. Even still, this was what I needed to do to leave this wretched place. I slowly pushed on the doors that would give me some sort of false hope...

.

.

.

What the hell?