Forgotten

Hinata's Point of view

"What do you do when you're scared of a murder? Why do you run away from the wall placed in front of you? Where do you go when you run out of breath?" Izuru hummed in my head as we waited in the dead empty elevator. 

"Izuru, please just shut up! The questions you keep asking are starting to get annoying. I get that you care, but these questions are so antagonizing."

"They're antagonizing because they're true," Izuru stated. I wish I could tell him he was wrong. I wanted to more than anything, but he was right. I was scared of what could happen. Ouma would probably freak, and Saihara would try to kill Izuru. Through it all, Fujisaki would be yelling at us to stop. I shuddered at the thought. I could die, and I wouldn't even be in my body to witness it.

"So... What are you gonna do..?" Izuru's once teasing voice became softer and more concerned.  His face, which was only my imagination, looked at me with a gentle frown. "You seem annoyed with me... Or is it what Fujisaki asked of you that's really ticking you off?"

The metal doors slid open as I slid off the lifting mechanism. "It's no that I'm annoyed. I'm just worried!"

"Worried?"

"Yes, worried. The first time I let you take over my body, you killed, what... Fifteen people? The second time you threatened my roommate!"

"I told you that I didn't threaten him! I just told him not to degrade himself you fucker! You seemed to really like him, and I don't want to hurt you..." Izuru's seemed to have a small blush on his face every time I blinked. It was strange, I had never seen him like this before. His figure turns away and begins to fade. "I'll be back..."

In a mere second, he's out of my sight. It was perplexing. The Izuru I knew was cold-hearted. He was almost the empty shell of a perfect man, so I was astonished that he blushed. It was something brand new for me to witness, and probably new for him too. It's moments like this I wonder what he's doing? What is my other half feeling, now that he has actually felt something...?

.

.

.

Izuru's Point of view

What... Was this? My cheeks were this deep rose color, and my lips seemed to be curling into a smile. I was never like this before. Before...  I was protective... I was cold... I was... Pretty awful. What happened to me? 

I wandered through my counterpart's memories. Watching through his eyes. Yeah, I was just an imaginative being formed from a bullied kid. Since I had become so much more. I had gained power. Power to see all of what Hajime was feeling at the time. Power to walk through these memories, whether they be past, present, or imaginations of the future.

His past was never an area I liked to go near. It was filled with memories of abuse, crying, and loads of bullying. It was one of the reasons I worked so hard to finally escape from mind to body.

It's funny, really. Lots of people claim to be so good with the idea of torture. Jokes are made about it, and people make these joking plans about how cool it seems to be to watch someone suffer. Those people obviously haven't witnessed true pain. They haven't watched as a young kid gets kicked in the face countless times well everyone laughs. No one's seen a kid covered in the Pepto Bismol blood well even the teachers seem to shun him. No one has seen a kid watching their only friend have bleach poured into their eyes. 

.

.

.

Then there was the present. It was like directly staring into Hajime's eyes, hearing directly from his ears, smelling from his nose. I could never use my mouth though. I couldn't speak to anyone unless I was fully taking control of his body. It was like being in an open coma. I had developed a hatred for some, and respect for others

I remember my first time looking through Hajime's eyes. It was the second week of school, and he was being bullied by this kid. I believe the name was Celestia or something. God, that girl had an army of simps, and she was not afraid to use them. It was during that fight Hajime needed a friend, and he created me...

.

.

.

The future was something funny. The area was filled with all of Hajime's greatest hopes and dreams. They were usually filled with dreams of him being an ultimate, but today they seemed to be different. These dreams were of him leaving, but I was still there. Dreams of living a future as someone who was able to fake being cured for his mental illness. 

There were also old dreams of him getting married to countless guys and girls. He was always wearing the same thing in every one. With the girls, he wore this black suit lined with small rhinestones. With the guys, he wore a lighter grey and a small Boutonniere. It was always the same boring thing every time. The wedding was always in a meadow lined with the same ice blue flowers. All but one.

One wedding had these blooming poinsettias that seemed to fill an old library-like venue. Hajime was in a blood-red suit with a black tail from behind. The whole area gave me this winter aesthetic. Definitely something brand new for this dulled mind of his. There was one problem that really drew me to this photo. The bride or groom was somewhat noticeable, but the name wasn't there. This was strange. Normally the name was there in bold, and Hajime only imagined himself for the wedding. This one had a piece of a white fluffy lock shown in the bottom right corner of Hajime's usual pose...

... Komaeda...

.

.

.

Hinata's Point of view

The doors opened to my card, and I strode into the room. I gave Komaeda a tiny smile and flopped onto my bed. Strange... He seemed to be more comfortable the last time we spoke.

"This isn't my place to disturb, but who are you?" I finally glanced over to the white-haired boy. His eyes were wide, staring at me as if I was a ghost. His mouth was agape, and his skin more drained of color than usual. "Listen, I just need you to tell me. You can kill me right after if you want. I'm just worthless trash anyways...."

"Why are you acting like you don't know me. Komaeda, it's not funny! Just... Tell me it's a prank!" My voice crescendoed as I spoke, "I was here this morning... I was here and we spoke. I'm a reserve course, a-and we spoke about how we got here?" Komaeda just looked at me with a concerned expression. 

"Are you okay, sir? I can call the front desk for you."

"How did you forget all of it? My name is Hajime Hinata, and I was just assigned to be your roommate this morning!" Komaeda looked at me as if a lightbulb had gone off in his head. He reached over to grab a small notebook. 

"I see I wrote a poem about you... You're a reserve course with a split personality... What's their name?"

"Izuru, why?-"

"He was the ultimate everything... He was quite a mystery to me."

"Did you make a file on me or something?" Komaeda pauses and looks at me with a shy smile. He sits next to me and gives me the notebook.

"I thought that I may forget you, so I wrote about you. It's part of my illness." He flips through the notebook. "There's my past, that one's committed to memory. Oh, and that's my doctor profiles." I stared at them in shock. The looked I know that they're trash but-"

"N-no... These are amazing!"