Hope

Hajime's Point of view

     Walking into my room was a boy about my age. He had a very frail build and was a good 180 centimeters. He had very pale skin and hair that resembled the snow on a winter morning. He had on the same as me, a light blue gown with white vertical stripes running down it, and a small nametag on his chest. The one difference was that he had a dark green jacket with faded red squares on the upper left side. Looking down at his hands, I noticed one of them had long red nails that seemed to shine from under the sleeve. What really stuck out though, were his eyes. His eyes were this dulled grey-green the seemed to almost stand out on the pale backdrop they were placed in. They were honestly hypnotizing.

     "Hello, you must be my new roommate. Hinata, right?"

     "Yeah, that would be me." I gave him a slight smile, but he didn't return it. "So... What's your name?"

     "Oh... How rude of me to not introduce myself to someone as excellent as you. I am Komaeda Nagito, no need to remember it though. You seem way better than m-"

     "Oh don't say that! I mean, I can't really say for myself how I see you since we just met, but so far you seem like a great guy! If anyone here is scum, it would be me. I'm just some lowly reserve course."

     "You're a reserve course?" Nagito looked at me. The poker face he once held melted into a frown. His eyes shot daggers at me, almost causing this familiar memory to reform.

.

.

.

     "You know no one likes you, right? RIGHT?" Kaito yelled as he kicked me in the face again. Kaito came to Hope's Peak as the Ultimate Astronaut. He was one that preferred the way the school was before the Reserve course was in place. He had so far had been the reason for 6 kids quitting, and I was going to be number seven.

     Kaito knew that he was allowed to get away with attacking us too. There was no way I could fight back, even if I wanted to. Harming ultimates was strictly against the rules. On the other hand, any ultimate student could practically do whatever, even if it involves hurting us reserve course.

     "Why'd you even come to this school you mistake. No one wanted the reserve course program in place, but you normal people just HAD to be SPECIAL." Kaito kicked me in the gut this time, causing me to start coughing out blood. 

     "W...why d-d-do you do this t-to ...me." I couldn't take it anymore. Tears were falling down my face, and blood was dripping from my mouth. My world was slowly cracking at the seams. That was until Maki came.

     Maki was here as the ultimate assassin, but honestly really cared for people. A lot of the murders she committed were on pedophiles, serial killers, and even everyday pickpocketers. Maki, though cold, actually cared for lots of people.

     "Kaito... Don't do this." She said in her usual monotone voice, "You know the reserve course is hope for those that haven't found something special."

     "But Maki Ro-"

     "C'mon Kaito, let's go." With that, Maki pulled Kaito away. Leaving me whimpering on the ground."

.

.

.

  "Hello? Hinata? What happened?" Nagito was staring at me with concern written all over him. Did he actually care? Probably not. He just needed to keep me alive well I'm at the hospital. "Sorry Komaeda, I guess I was never the biggest fan of being Reserve Course. It was my dream to one day be the ultimate something. But... Judging by your reaction to my student placement, you were a Hope's Peak prodigy?" Nagito nodded his head, "Yeah, I was there as the 'Ultimate Lucky Student' which was really nothing special. I was just there because it made the school look better."