Chapter 7 Pacing, My fault, and a warm Embrace

Max's POV:

"It's been four hours! Why isn't Jordan back time her date now!" I impatiently cried as I paced the floor. Back an forth, left an right.

"Dude, she's on a date. Don't rush the poor girl." Tony reasoned with me.

"It's your fault you dared her to pour her heart out to the guy." Meghan added in.

"Yeah, but I didn't think Edward still liked her from like eight grade! I thought he would have moved on." I told them.

"Like you moved on?" Meghan sarcastically stated.

"It's different." I whined not knowing how Edward liking Jordan and not telling her was different from me liking Jordan and not telling her.

"You need to move on." Tony advised me.

"No!" Meghan added instead of Tony's advice. "You need to tell her how you feel. It shouldn't come from anyone but you. Plus, she has a right to know."

"You're right." I then plumped down in a chair at Meghan's house and ran my fingers through my hair.

Then I heard it! I heard a soft voice from the other side of the door. I heard a sweet and innocent lady speaking and I fell in love all over again. Then, I heard another voice. A strong and masculine voice that just ruined my mood. "She's here!" I whispered in a hushed tone. I then jumped out of my seat and walked closer to the door. I hoped to hear what they were talking about.

"Well, I'd love to see your fancy baseball card collection because I think you're lying to me!" I heard Jordan's sweet and sexy voice giggle.

"I'll prove it to you!" I heard Edward playfully yelp. "How about, we can go on another date, and I'll be able to prove to you that I'm not lying."

"I'd like that." I could tell that Jordan was now smiling and blushing. I could read her like a book! Even if the book was on the other side of the wall, I could still read it!

"Well then!" Edward said. "It's a date. Bye." He then walked down the front pouch steps, and I heard his car engine start up. I then quickly hurried away, knowing that Jordan would soon be joining us inside.

"Hey guys!" She chirped with the fattest smile planted on her face. She then made eye contact with me, and I just weakly smiled back, trying to sallow my pain. "Um, Max? Can we talk?" She quietly questioned me.

"Sure." I meekly said as I slumped out of my seat. I then followed her into the kitchen and she pulled the sliding door shut. "What's up?" I curiously asked her with a kind and compassionate look on my face.

"I'm sorry." She spat out.

"For what?" Why was she apologizing to me? I was the one that treated her like a jerk. I was the one that yelled at her for having her own thoughts. I was the one who blamed her for never noticing me. When it was all my fault.

"I got mad at you earlier. I blew things way out of proportion and I just exploded when I didn't mean to. I'm so sorry." She said as she looked me sincerely in the eye.

"No, no, no. It's all my fault. I need to realize that I can't make up your mind for you. I need to grasp the fact that I don't control you, and that I can't always protect you. I'm sorry Jordan."

"It's ok." She said as she came over and hugged me tightly. "Your heart was in the right place. You were only trying to help me out." She reasoned with me.

We just stood there. Together. She had her arms comfortably wrapped around my neck, while my arms were holding her waist. This felt right. Like I was made for what we were doing. I was specifically designed to hold Jordan. To keep her safe, in my strong embrace.