Hoseok ♡ Mall Elf

"Y/n he's right there!" My niece shouts, tugging excitedly on the bottom of my jacket.
"Yes I see." I nodded.

I brought her to the mall today to meet Santa Claus and get pictures with him. She absolutely adores Christmas and has been looking forward to it since the beginning of November. She jumped in place, bouncing excitedly as she waited her turn. They had a huge section in the mall reserved just for Santa pictures. There were Christmas trees everywhere, decorated from top to bottom with shimmering ornaments and tinsel, white sheets were bunched up along the floor to look like snow, and a red velvet carpet leading up to the big man himself who sat in a matching chair with gold accents. To top it all off, Christmas music was playing through the mall speakers in the ceiling.

The line became shorter and before I knew it, we were next. A man dressed in a festively colored green and red elf costume stood off to the side, a basket of candy canes in his hand. He looked like he didn't want to be there, but put a smile on his face when a kid passed by, handing them a candy cane on their way out.
Another man, dressed in the same uniform, stood at the front of the line, unclipping the velvet rope for whoever was next- that would be us. He looked down at my niece, a bright smile on his face.

"Hello." He greeted her.
"Hi!" She greeted him cheerfully.
"What's your name?"
"__" (it's whatever name you guys want)
"What a beautiful name! I'm Hoseok."
"Nice to meet you! This is my aunt Y/n." She pointed up to me.
He followed her finger, his eyes meeting mine as he gave me a shy smile.
"Hello."
"Hi." I greet him.
"Hoseok." My niece called his name, pulling his attention away from me. "What's it like at the North Pole?"
"Oh. It's wonderful! There's snow everywhere, costing every inch of the ground like a thick, white blanket that stretches as far as the eye can see. In the village I live in, we have many snowball fights, when I'm not helping Santa, of course." He winked.
"That sounds like fun!"
"It is." Hoseok beamed brightly, nodding his head with enthusiasm.
"What about him?" My niece pointed to the man a few feet away with the basket of candy canes.
"He lives at the North Pole too, though, Yoongi over there isn't very good at snowball fights."
"Excuse me?" This Yoongi guy asked.
"I said you're not good at snowball fights."
"That's because I don't try." He huffed.
My niece seemed entertained by their playful banter.
"I bet you're really good at snowball fights." Hoseok says to her.
"I am!" She jumped up and down excitedly.
"Oh! Looks like it's your turn ___!" Hoseok announced, unclipping the velvet rope so she could run up to Santa.
I watched as she clambered onto his lap, a sparkle in her eyes.

"Your niece is adorable." Hoseok commented.
"Thanks." He let out a sigh, mixed with a breathy laugh. "She's quite the handful."
"You seem to have control of it."
"I do... sometimes."

"What do you want for Christmas?" I heard Santa ask.
"A monster truck for my Barbie." She answered confidently.
I bit my bottom lip, trying to stop the laugh that threatened to come out. Hoseok seemed to be doing the same.
"What a unique request!" Santa chuckled. "I'll make sure you get that monster truck."
"She can be a bit eccentric sometimes." I say to Hoseok.
"Being eccentric isn't always a bad thing." He commented.
"I know." I nod with a smile. "That's one thing I like about her. You know, she loves to make mud pies. One time I came over to my sister's house and there ___ was in the backyard, dumping glitter onto the top of her 'mud cake.'" I use air quotes.
"That's so cute." Hoseok laughed.
"It was very cute. When I asked what she was doing, she answered with, 'I'm decorating my cake!'"
Hoseok glanced over at my niece, yakking away with Santa Claus.
"Hey. I'd like to spend a bit more time with you if that's okay."
"Really?" I ask.
"Yeah. I'm about to get off in fifteen minutes. If you can wait, I'd love to grab something to eat with you...a-and your niece, of course." He added.
"I'd like that a lot." I beam, my heart fluttering at the fact that someone as stunning as him wants to hang out with me. "I'm assuming you can't have your phone out right now, so if I can get your number, I can send you a text so you'll have mine and you can just let me know when you're off."
"Sounds like a plan."
He gave me his number just in time for ___ to finish up her meeting and pictures with Santa. I had to sign a paper and give them my email address so they could send the pictures to me later on.
"Y/n c'mon!" My niece called.
"I gotta go. I'll see you later." I wave to Hoseok, joining hands with my excitable niece.
As we exited the area, we passed by the man named Yoongi who flashed a friendly, gummy smile, handing my niece a candy cane and waving to her as we walked off.

I send a quick text to Hoseok's number, making sure he's got a way to contact me later.
"Are you and Hoseok gonna be boyfriend and girlfriend?" My niece asked, catching my attention.
"He lives at the North Pole." I stated.
"Aunt Y/n." ___ looked up at me. "He doesn't actually live in the North Pole."
"Of course he does. Why would you say that?" I asked with a chuckle.
"The elves are all busy making toys! They don't have time to come down here. The elves here are just regular people dressed up, so is Santa. He's busy, so he has special people dress up as him and they make sure to tell him what all the kids want."
"Where did you hear that?" I ask, impressed by her elaborate explanation.
"School." She shrugged.

The two of us stopped in one of her favorite stores to pass time until Hoseok was off work. We just finished checking out when my phone vibrated.

Unknown: Hey this is Hoseok. I'm off my shift and have just changed out of my uniform. Where would you like to meet?

You: We can meet in the food court.

"Hoseok is ready. We're gonna go meet him in the food court."
"Okay! I'm starving."

The two of us head to the food court where we wait for Hoseok. It doesn't take long for him to show up. He was dressed in light wash jeans and an oversized sweatshirt with smiley faces all over it. When he came a bit closer, I waved him down. His face lit up like the sun when he saw me and my niece. He hurried over, meeting us at the table we were at.

"Hey!" He greeted us.
"Hi Hoseok!" My niece says enthusiastically.
"What are you two in the mood to eat?"
"Chicken nuggets!" My niece jumped.
"Is that okay with you?" I asked Hoseok.
"That's perfectly fine with me." He nodded. "Let's go get those nuggies!"

_____________________________________
Surprise update for New Year's Day! First imagine of 2021!

Quick announcement: I put a limit on requests. I'm only allowing 3 requests per person. I'm constantly adding stuff to the requests update so be sure you go check that out before requesting.
Thank you💜🖤

QOTD: What was the last song you listened to in 2020?
AOTD: I listened to TOMORROWXTOGETHER's cover of that TikTok song F2020