Jungkook ♡ Marrying a Mafia Member [request]

Requested by @jeonxmia

Word count: 4,067

You stood in front of the full-length mirror in your room, looking down at the white dress you donned. Your eyes moved over to the ring adorning your left hand. This had actually happened.

Your parents had selected an eligible man for you to marry named Jeon Jungkook. The both of you only met in person twice. Once when the marriage was being discussed between your families and today during the wedding.
The idea of arranged marriage wasn't new to you, everyone in your family had done it, so it wasn't a foreign concept. Truthfully, you didn't have much of a choice. Wether you liked it or not, you were getting married to this man—and you did.

Though you knew hardly anything about him, you had to admit, he was easy on the eyes. Both times you met him, he was polite, but polite doesn't really cut it. You wanted to know more about him. Your parents told you that you've got the rest of your marriage to get to know him.
They seemed fairly proud of their choice, watching you and Jungkook at the altar with bright eyes. Admittedly, your parents did a good job with choosing your groom. As mentioned previously, he was handsome and well-mannered, but things were a bit awkward between the two of you since you didn't know much about each other. He was only chosen because his family is of equal status to yours.

A soft knock on your bedroom door grabbed your attention, pulling you away from your thoughts. Turning your head, you saw Jungkook opening the door, poking his head into the room.
"Sorry to barge in. Are you coming back to the reception?"
"Yes. I just needed a minute alone."
His brows twitched slightly, a vague look of worry crossing his gentle features. "Are you alright?"
"I'm fine. Just trying to process all of this."
"You and me both." He let out a short chuckle. "If you need more time I can stall for you."
"Thank you, but I'm alright. I'm ready to get back out there." You straightened your dress out and headed towards the door, going back to the large gazebo in your backyard. All the guests were mingling and enjoying the refreshments and free food provided by the caterers yours and Jungkook's family hired.

"There they are!" Your dad beamed when you and Jungkook approached the mass of people.
"Where have you been, dear?" Your mom inquired.
"I just went up to my room for a moment."
"Ah." She smiled gently. "This must feel a little suffocating."
You shrugged in response.
Just then, Jungkook's parents approached you with bright grins on their faces.
"We're so happy for you two." His mom smiled warmly. "Our Jungkook has such a beautiful and wonderful woman by his side."
"Thank you. That's very kind." You gave a shy grin.
"Y/n, you've got a strong one on your hands." His dad mentioned. "He's a good man."
"I'm sure he is."
"We raised our boy well. He'll treat you right." His mother stated.
"We should give these two lovebirds some time alone." Your mom mentioned.
"Right. Why don't you two go dance?" Jungkook's dad suggested, gently guiding you to the dance floor.
Jungkook gave you a shrug and a small smile, taking hold of your hands as the both of you started dancing together.
"Sorry about them."
"I should be the one apologizing about my parents." You chuckled. "They're a bit much today."
"So are mine. I think it's probably just because of the wedding."
"You're right. They've been looking forward to this."
"Have you?" Jungkook asked.
"Sort of. Honestly, it's just something that had to be done. What about you?"
"Same here."
"You know what the good thing about this wedding is?"
"The food?" He guessed.
A grin spread across your lips. "Yes. Exactly that."
The two of you laughed at that for a moment and it was nice. It felt like a brief moment where it felt like two acquaintances hanging out.

After the wedding was over, both your parents rushed you and Jungkook to pack your things for your honeymoon, which was booked at some high-end private tropical island only the richest of the rich could afford to stay at.
One of your drivers took you to the airport and escorted you to your designated terminal, making sure you got there safely.
Once on the plane, you noticed Jungkook's clenched fists resting on his knees while waiting for takeoff.