Namjoon ♡ I Could Be Your Girlfriend [request]

Requested by @YoSmores

Word count: 3,140

Imagine based off the music video for Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne

Your polished nails tapped against the table in the snack area of the local fun center as boredom started to take over. Your slouchy form sat upright at the sight of Namjoon walking in, only to slump back when you saw who he was holding hands with. Walking in with him was his girlfriend. She was the complete opposite of you, dressed in girly, pink clothes and a skirt that hardly covered anything. It made you want to gag.
You'd been crushing on Namjoon for nearly a year, so when he started dating that airhead you were more than upset. It's so painfully obvious that the two aren't good together, you and him would make a much better couple.

Something in you said today was the day. You would surely put an end to their relationship and show Namjoon that he belongs with you, not that girly, pink-obsessed, blonde.
Pushing yourself up out of your chair, you followed after the two, calling out for the tall brunette.
"Hey Namjoon." You greeted him.
His face lit up at your presence, a bright dimpled smile on his face. His girlfriend eyed you nastily, but you paid no mind to it.
"Y/n, I didn't expect to see you here."
"Well, it's the weekend and this place is pretty popular so I decided to spend the day here."
"Alone?"
"My friend Jisung is meeting up with me for a round of mini golf."
"Oh okay. Maybe I'll see you around."
His girlfriend not-so-discreetly elbowed him.
You acted like you didn't notice, flashing a smile. "Yeah, maybe."

As Namjoon and his girlfriend walked away, someone called your name.
"Y/n!"
Turning around, you spotted Jisung hurrying over, his long bangs hanging in his face.
"There you are, Han Jisung." You huffed. "It's about time."
"I'm sorry. The train was running a bit late."
"It's fine." You muttered, pushing his hair away from his eyes.
Now that he could see, he was able to spot Namjoon leaving the snack area.
"Hey, isn't that Namjoon?" He started to point.
"Yes." You grabbed his hand pushing it back down. "And he's with that stupid girlfriend of his."
"You need to do something about that." Jisung commented.
"I plan to."
"How?"
"I don't know. It's clear he's miserable with her."
"I'm all for you sabotaging a dying relationship, but are we still playing mini golf?"
"Of course we are," You assured him as the both of you stepped outside where you spotted Namjoon and his girl heading towards the go-karts. "but how about we make a stop at the go-karts first?"
Jisung could see what you were planning, but agreed nonetheless. He loved go-karts and he was a glutton for drama so it was a win-win.

The both of you discreetly filed into the line for the ride, standing just a few people away Namjoon. After a brief wait, the next group was allowed onto the track to select their go-kart. You and Jisung chose ones that were beside each other, watching as Namjoon and his girlfriend buckled into their karts. As soon as the countdown ended, you slammed on the gas, your body jerking as you were propelled forward.

"Go get 'em!" Jisung cheered as you whizzed by him, going directly towards the two karts that were driving a little too close for your liking.
As you gained on the couple, you aimed between them and successfully wedged your way between the two, pushing the girlfriend's kart off to the side, essentially forcing her away.
"Y/n." Namjoon seemed surprised.
"Wanna race?"
He gave a wary glance back towards his girlfriend who seemed to be lagging behind.
"Don't worry about her." You told him. "Let's have some fun."
"Alright." He nodded with a smile.
He revved his engine, moving slightly ahead of you. You did the same in return, trying your best to keep up with him and not let him get past you.
The two of you were in a standoff of sorts, one getting ahead of the other, but neither getting very far so you decided to kick it up a notch, turning your wheel so your go-kart would bump his, forcing him off to the side. That's when you slammed on the gas and went speeding forward down the track letting out a string of laughter as you did so.
The both of you drove around the tubular ramp, going around and around. Jisung was trailing right behind you, keeping an eye on Namjoon's girlfriend who seemed to be struggling to catch up.