"It's just too obvious." Lydia responded, only receiving a confused expression from Liv. "The way you both care for each other and always look out for one another. I wish someone looked at me the way he looks at you." Lydia elaborated softly.

Olivia's face scrunched up in confusion at the last part, "Hold on what? What do you mean the way he looks at me?"

"You're so oblivious it hurts to watch." Lydia groaned. She picked up her book-bag, "Also, Scott wanted to meet in the front of the school for a special meeting or something." Lydia waved to her friend and then strutted away leaving a very embarrassed Olivia behind with her feelings scattered all over the place.

Olivia stood there in shock for a second and then banged her forehead lightly against the cold metal of her locker as she deeply exhaled. So many things to keep track of and now this?

"...stupid...stupid feelings..." She groaned as she continued to lightly bang her head against the locker in the middle of the hallway.

Olivia took a minute to gather herself and then straightened up and closed her locker. She refused to let her personal issues get the best of her when there are more concerning things to think of-- actually a lot of things to think about.

Olivia still hadn't contacted Derek since their little spilling secret session back when he was baby Derek, and it was completely stressing her out.

What if Derek has no memory of the talk between them? What if he has no intention of ever talking about it?

She was in such a haze from her thoughts as she was walking down the crowded hallway, that she had bumped into another person that was cutting the sharp corner in front of her and collided.

"Oh I'm so sorry, I should have paid more att-" Her sentence cut short the moment her eyes landed on the person she bumped into.

A blonde short teenage boy with blue eyes was standing in front of her—the boy she hadn't seen since her family's passing.

They stood still; shock painted upon themselves as they stared at one another, not saying a word. Yet, their eyes reflected equal feelings of surprise.

He looked older than he did since she last saw him, more grown up and more of a bulkier build than the scrawny one she was so used to.

"What the hell are you doing here, Liam?" She finally managed to form a sentence.

Liam's mouth fell open as in an attempt to answer the girl in front of him. "I-I go here?" He stuttered out, still rubbing his arm that had miraculously healed overnight.

Olivia mentally cursed herself for not remembering that he was going to be a freshman this year. But she thought he was in private school the last time she checked and how was she supposed to remember that with all of the shit going on in her life?

"No, I mean, why are you here?" Olivia asked the same exact question again as a result of her brain not processing the encounter quickly enough.

Liam looked around the hallway in confusion to avoid the awkward tension. "I go here like I said?" He then looked back at her, "Wait, why are you here?" He asked.

"I go here, too."

Olivia's mind was still a little slow, trying to comprehend that her dead little brother's best friend was going to her school. That she was going to have to see him possibly everyday. Her chest weighed heavy with guilt, thinking about how she never tried to reach out to him after the incident or how she never even tried to talk to him at least once.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

Her heart continued to beat at a frantic pace. Olivia didn't know what to do in these circumstances. She honestly didn't think she would see him again or this soon at least.