fifteen

↠↠↠

↠↠↠

word count: 6889

SHOCK IS SOMETHING THAT HUMANS ARE USED TO. You're shocked when you get a bad grade back when you thought you did well on a test. You're shocked when something happens to one of your favorite TV characters that you've grown attached to. You're shocked when something happens to you or someone important to you, good or bad. Olivia would like to think she'd be immune to shock by now, given what's already happened to her and her life. Seeing something horrifying or witnessing the start of something horrifying is at first, shocking. You don't know what to do, shocked into stillness.

Olivia hoped that if there came a time if something were to happen, she wouldn't let shock run her to the ground.

Her body was exhausted. Her limbs were weightless, nerves seemingly fried. Nothing sounded better than a bed and some food to Liv as she stood so still— she could give a statue a run for their money. She should have expected that after her little stunt in the girls bathroom that she would be sore or possibly achey, but never did she imagine that directing her powers would take this much of a toll on her physically.

At first, she was fine, adrenaline fueling her body all the way to the boys locker room, where she currently was, and then she just crashed at some point. Scott was trying to get a hold of himself, his eyes flashing a supreme red uncontrollably. It seemed that everyone was having some sort of issue with themselves and their own unique abilities. Mr.Yukimura was with them as well, trying to keep them all "supervised".

Apparently, there was some virus going around in the school, somehow only affecting the supernatural beings harmfully. Olivia had guessed that something was wrong. She didn't normally have any episodes like earlier when everything was partially alright. Something had to have triggered her. So, it wasn't that surprising.

"You guys have to stay out of sight. We have to quarantine you from the quarantine." Stiles prompted from her side. Olivia didn't think it was such a bad idea, if anything, it was probably the best. If she had to guess, she would put her money on this being another assassination attempt by an unknown assassin.

"Yeah, but where? I mean, what if they get violent?" Kira asked.

Scott, who was still sweating and heaving with heavy breaths decided to speak, Olivia betting at least a dollar mentally that he'll pass out before her. "We should not stay here. Not in the locker room."

"A classroom is not going to hold us." Malia interjected.

"What about the basement?"

"Too many ways out. We need someplace secure, some place no one can find us."

"The vault." Olivia heard Stiles murmur under his breath.

Now, Olivia didn't know this school like the back of her hand or anything like that, but she would like to think that she knew it to an extent. She would've liked to have known about the vault hidden underneath the school. The Hale vault to be exact.