sixteen

↠↠↠

↠↠↠

THE BLOOD WAS STILL IN HER HAIR. It was on her neck, her hands, her clothes, her shoes, which were mostly stained by the puddle that reached her feet. It didn't bother her as much as it should have, rather it was just a pain to think about. The stickiness of it made her want to crawl out of her own skin and scrub it off. Bothered. Was she? Was she bothered by the fact that the man had died and she was alive? Was she bothered by the fact that guilt was plaguing her mind because she simply took too long to make one decision? She didn't know what she was feeling. If anything, she was tired, exhausted, sad, angry– the list could go on.

"Are we going to talk about it?"

She almost forgot she wasn't alone in the jeep. She almost forgot that Stiles had somehow overheard that whole entire conversation. Almost. "Talk about what?" Was she trying to feign innocence? The effort wasn't even there. Her voice was just plain.

Stiles let out an audible breath. "You know what." His voice was low and hoarse. He sounded tired as well.

The moment after they had all been recovered, it was hectic. The group had gone up to rejoin the rest of civilization, relieved and happy to be alive. Olivia didn't even remember the moment when Stiles pulled her off to the side apart from the rest of them just before the exit. He just said, 'I'll take you home.' and then led her to his jeep. All she did was nod because there was just so much happening inside of her brain that it was a hassle to simply think. He just held her hand. He probably didn't know, but that small gesture made her feel safe and comforted. When his hand left, her hand grew cold. Outside of the school, it was raining, raining hard. Like the heavens were battling above them and decided to rain hell down below, literally.

Olivia didn't know if any of her friends had seen her face and body splattered with blood, most of them just regaining their own eye sight that was probably still blurry. She was fortunate that none of them saw, actually relieved that Stiles had pulled her away from them and was helping her. Maybe he knew that she didn't want to be seen like this– like a down right mess that is.

Few words were spoken between them just, 'are you buckled?', 'yes' and then silence. Olivia could tell Stiles was josseled as much as she was, but she didn't know why. I mean, she could come up with a few reasons, but he was still tense around her, sorrowful if that. He didn't even glance at her once throughout the entire drive to the house. Just the sound of the rain hitting the windshield as if its sole purpose was to break it and flood the car. Olivia did once. Her gaze caught sight of his fingers and how they were slightly trembling.

She looked away.

But now they were parked outside of her house and sitting, unmoving.

"Thanks for the ride." Was that all she could say, seriously? Not 'thanks for saving my life.' or 'thanks for being there for me.' She was pathetic.